Chapter 6

Hey, guys!!!!! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in forever, I've been a busy girl... Not an excuse but I'm beginning to write a lot more of my stories and thank you to everyone who has stuck by! It really means a lot to me considering I'm a new writer... Sorry for any mistakes or errors! I hope you guys enjoy ;) on the side is Emilia.

**************************

Derek's POV:

As the group of wolves and I get to the edge of the forest, we pick up our pace so that Rosco won't send a group of wolves to find us and he'll think that it was a false alarm. I stay in my human form, I hold onto my mate by her waist as I send a mind link to the rest of group informing them that I would be taking a car back so my mate wouldn't run away.

For now, she can't be trusted due to the fact her family is loyal to Rosco and that she didn't want to leave to be with me in the first place. The thought of it makes me growl. Caine runs up to me, Lizzy in toe and says, "We'll meet you at the pack, we're going to start running back to ensure Rosco won't follow us. I advise that you don't take too long getting you and your mate to a vehicle."

With that, I nod my head and we go our separate ways. I grab onto my mate's arm to move faster. Not enough to hurt her, but enough to not let her go anywhere. To break the silence, she says, "Where the heck are you taking me, you weirdo?" I laugh and just stay silent. "Can I trust you?"

But before she can answer, I see a conflicted glint in her eyes. "Oh, I see." I state while we cross over a hill. "You don't see, or know anything. You don't know me." She huffs as she tries and pry her arm away from me.

"No, but you are my mate. Even if I cannot feel what you feel quite yet, I can see it in your eyes." She doesn't retort or say anything rude but instead seems quite interested. She glares, but I can tell she doesn't really mean it. "Yeah? What would that be?" I smile in amusement.

"You're conflicted. You want to trust me, you have a feeling inside that's telling you to trust me because I am your mate. But- on the other hand you don't want to trust due to the lies Rosco and your parents have told you growing up. From what they tell you, I'm sure that you think I'm a horrible person who just seeks vengeance and power."

"How do you know that?" I smile again and say, "I just know." She glares again, which now I am beginning to find adorable, and quietly mumbles out, "You don't give me any information."

I laugh again and realize I've laughed more than I would because of this girl and the amusement she gives me. "You're funny, you know that. Mostly because you amuse me. " She tries not to smile and glares instead, but I can see it on her face that she wants to laugh.

We finally get to the forest edge, and I send a mink link to Caine to notify him and we just got to a vehicle. We have safe cars parked all around Rosco's land and our land, just in case for emergencies. Each wolf that is part of my pack knows where they are, and each knows where the key to the car is hidden.