Toshinori

After Yagi Toshinori's debut as All Might in America, a certain hyperactive young man, who always had a burger and some sort of unhealthy carbonated drink, began to befriend him. Toshinori knew that this kind of thing would happen, he was a powerful number 1 hopeful and would undoubtably gain weird fans.

But this man, he was different. His name was Alfred F. Jones and he never talked about his quirk despite being the most open person Toshinori had met in a while. He spoke fluent Japanese and had an astounding knowledge of history, no matter how dumb he played, and he once said he worked in the government, but left it vague.

After ten years on the job, Toshinori, despite having moved back to Japan, still saw Alfred often. The man had barely aged, and by this time, Toshinori considered him a friend. For someone who worked in the government, he sure had a lot of days off, but Toshinori didn't focus on that. Of the few people he considered a 'friend', Alfred had somehow managed to worm his way up there, and the hero was always happy to see him.

The month after his fateful encounter with All For One that left him without a stomach and left lung, he woke up after his final surgery in a hospital bed with an unfamiliar and plain man sat in the chair beside him.

"Good morning, All Might. How are you feeling?" He asked gently. In all honesty, Toshinori felt like complete shit, he was missing a lung, a stomach, some other things and he was now stuck in a weak state constantly.

"Okay."

"Glad to hear it sir, but you don't need to keep up the formalities with me. I'm Honda Kiku, I just came here to tell you something." Toshinori held his breath. Had the higher ups decided he was too crippled to carry on being a hero? Was he never going to be able to save again? What if he could never find an heir for One For All? What would Nana think? "Nana would be so proud of you. All For One is gone, you've done so well." Honda said with a small smile while Toshinori started in shock. How could this man, this twenty-something year old man, know about Nana and what she meant to him, was beyond Toshinori. Honda continued. 

"That being said, although I do not mean to rush you in any way, I know that you will be looking for someone to pass One For All onto now." Honda knew about ONE FOR ALL?? What didn't he know?! "I would advise UA high school. The hero course will have the right successor for you, I know it. I can talk to Nezu about it when I next see him. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to--" Honda was cut off by the door slamming open, both men wincing as they looked over.

There at the door, was a dishevelled Alfred, looking like he'd run all the way from America. He looked at the scene before him before bowing quickly.

"Kiku."

"Alfred? I was just leaving, but I hope you are well."

"Always, always." Alfred heaved a sigh as Honda walked past him and left. The two seemed close, they used each others first names, but that could have been something Western. The two men left in the room looked at each other for a moment before Alfred collapsed in the chair. "I'm sorry to hear about your injury." He said quietly, not looking at Toshinori.

"It's quite alright Alfred, there is nothing you could have done--"

"But I could have! If I'd been over here then," Alfred choked on what he would have said next, tears running down his face. Toshinori, to try and lighten the atmosphere, changed the subject instead of consoling the man who always seemed to be a ball of sunshine.

"How did they let you through? Barely anyone has been allowed to see me, why, I haven't even seen Sir Nighteye yet!" He said, trying to laugh but ended up coughing. Alfred patted him on the back as he answered.