21. A Step Forward

"You're sure you'll be okay? We don't have to if you don't want to. It's your choice."

"No... No, I want to.. It's just.. Do the lights have to be off..?"

"Well kinda. If you wanna do it right anyway.."

Shouto contemplated his decision, folding his arms over his chest with his eyes shut as he sat before the TV with Momo quietly waiting by his side for his answer. On the one hand he got to snuggle with Momo, but he could do that whenever he wanted. The problem was, was that she wanted to watch a horror, mystery, thriller, called, It Follows.. From what she told him it was one of the more well done recent horror movies and she had been wanting to see it since first hearing about it... He knew it'd make her happy to watch it, but she could always watch it with Jirou and not him, right? However, their deal was still in play for nights like this and ultimately he figured that would be worth it..

One of his eyes parted open, looking at her and seeing that she had been quietly staring at him, waiting for him to make a decision. Like he could say no to her when she looked at him with her hair down and brushed out making her look like a goddamn princess, and her eyes big and pleading like a puppy wanting to sleep on the bed.. "Fine," he said, blowing out a sigh as his eye shut again, giving in almost too easily.

Almost immediately he felt like he had made the wrong choice. The last horror movie he watched with her was one called, Annabelle, and it gave him nightmares for weeks. It was horrible and he was finally getting over it after about a month..

They'd watched about two to three horror movies a week, but that one really freaked the everliving fuck out of him and they hadn't watched one since.. This time around he was hoping be wouldn't regret allowing her to watch a horror.. But the look of happiness on Momo's face was enough to make him forget all of that for a few long seconds. Seeing her happy always made him forget his own problems.

"Alright," Momo said, pressing play on the remote before getting up and flipping the lights off. Let's do this!"

The apartment darkened, but was kept lit thanks to the balcony door being left open. It was hot as hell inside and the sound of the AC would kill the vibe of the movie. Shouto was grateful for the extra bit of light so they weren't in complete darkness. The combination of the dark and horror was the worst for him.. It was worse than anything he could think of. And after Annabelle, he sort of became scared of the dark and the shadows of the night...

"So.. No popcorn tonight?" he asked reaching out for Momo, taking her hand and pulling her down into his lap. She fell with little grace as she landed between his legs and into his other arm. He smiled down at her, almost cradling her in his grasp as he moved his face closer, kissing her oh so kissable strawberry flavored lips.

His arms snaked around her body, forgetting about the movie all together now that she was in his clutches. Momo's hands trailed up his body, finding his face and gently holding him as his tongue parted her lips. A low moan escaped him as he tasted her, loving every second of it - up until he felt her slowly turning her head, her lips and tongue slowing all motion and losing the emotion in their kiss.

Shouto opened his eyes only to see her trying to watch the movie that was playing. He pulled back, glancing at the TV and seeing a girl frantically driving away from her home with evident fear capturing her entire being. From that sight alone it made him uneasy about the movie. Getting right into it at the beginning was his least favorite way that these kind of movies started... His eyes dropped down to Momo, seeing her eyes glued to the screen while she contently remained in his lap, watching with her full attention, completely forgetting about making out with her boyfriend.