Chapter 5

"Granger, I'm sorry! I shouldn't have been so insensitive." Guinevere says, knocking on the door. "G-go away." He replies. "Let me in! Please? I need to talk to you." "No. I'll come out when I want to, so leave!" "Hear me out!" Guinevere yells.

Banging on the door for 10 minutes, Guinevere was on the verge of giving up. But then, she realized that she could have just climbed up the window.

Walking outside, she prepared herself. Taking one step up, then another. It wasn't as difficult as she thought. Finally reaching his window, she tried opening it. And to her surprise, it was actually open!

"Granger? You okay there?" She asks, because Granger was leaning on the door. "How'd you get here?"

"I obviously entered through the window."

"I- oh." He replies.

"Look, hear me out okay? I'm sorry. Really sorry." Guinevere says, crying as well. Granger looks at her, noticing her voice change. Concerned, he approaches her and hugs her. Surprised, she looks at him wondering, "What? Why?"

"I understand why you said that. It really is sad that your parents don't treat you well. My mother may not be alive now, but she...was not like any other mother. She was caring, and understanding. That's why I try my best to recall all of my memories with her, but the last thing I remember was her playing a beautiful song on this violin which I don't remember the tune or title of. I've been searching for that song, and also trying to remember enough to at least hum it. But I can't..."

"Well, I'll be here to help you find that song."

"Thank you s-" Granger says, but he stops because he notices Guinevere still crying. "Hey...it's okay. You can stop crying, Guinevere."

"I-I'm such a h-horrible person. Even if you stopped c-crying, I still feel very guilty for hurting your feelings. You're the one who s-saved my life, and offered me a p-place to stay, and yet, I treat you like this. I should be a-ashamed of myself. I wonder why y-you hadn't just kicked me out earlier..." She says, in between sobs.

"I would never do that. The situation you're in is very serious. Even if I hated you, at least I'm able to make someone's life better."

Guinevere is speechless.

Changing the topic, Granger asks her more questions about herself. Then Granger starts to learn so much about the Princess. And in return, Guinevere finds comfort in talking to Granger.

For the first time in her life, Guinevere loves someone. But she knows that if she would be taken back, her parents would never approve of it. She of course, would be made to marry Gusion Paxley.

That gave her the strength to be more powerful, and hopefully, be able to kill her parents. However, would Granger allow her to do so?

"Uhm Granger? Are you still disappointed at me for saying that I want to kill them?"

"Oh heck no! I'll even help you! The second they come in here, we can attack them immediately. After that, you'll be free."

"You're actually saying that? Woah."

Guinevere felt like it was right of her to like someone like Granger, because he was caring, and understanding, just like his mother. He was something that Gusion wasn't.

"You're spacing out again. What's on your mind?" Granger asks. "I'm fine. No need to worry about me." "No you're not. Tell me, what's going on? Is there something I need to know about?"