Chapter 10: Death Eaters

~Davie's P.O.V.~

     I was absolutely astonished that Draco was a Death Eater. He probably thought the same thing but neither of us showed it. He took his seat next to me, and the Dark Lord spoke. "Now that we are all here," he said in a raspy voice, "I think it would be proper to introduce our newest member." He gestured for me to stand and walk over to him. I did so immediately. I noticed a nervous look on Draco's face and prepared for the worst.

     As soon as I reached him a wand was put against my head. The whole room held its breath. "Now I ask you all one question: is she worth sparing?" The Dark Lord's question rang through the room. It was answered immediately by Draco, Bellatrix, and Professor Snape. At this point I decided it would be best just to call him Severus.

     "Spare her, my lord. Her wit and cunning will prove most useful," Severus said. "It's also her ambition and loyalty that will help us on our mission," Draco stated. Bellatrix followed up with, "She's immune to the Cruciatus curse! It doesn't effect her!" The Dark Lord decided to test this theory.

     "Crucio!" he shouted. Draco shot up out of his seat but his mother immediately pushed him back down. I fell to my hands and knees and pulled through the pain. Like I said before, it wasn't that bad. I had been through worse. He stopped the torture and picked me up off the floor by my hair.

     "Loyalty, Draco? Let us prove her loyalty... and Crabbe's," he said, making Crabbe stand and walk over to me. "Kill him," the Dark Lord ordered. My hand was shaking as I pulled out my wand. I pointed it at him, looked him in the eyes and said the words: "Avada Kedavra". He went flying backwards and hit the wall. He was dead. I had killed Vincent Crabbe.

     I had finally had my first feel of the Dark Side. I lowered my wand and felt a smile creep onto my lips. The taste of blood and metal in my mouth confused me, but I ignored it. I felt a sense of freedom and power in what I had just done. "Welcome to the Dark Side," the Dark Lord said to me.

                       ~Draco's P.O.V.~

     She killed him. She killed Crabbe. I swallowed really hard as I watched her smile evilly. This was not the Davie that I knew. This was not what was supposed to happen to me or her. I was supposed to keep her safe from this kind of thing, not drag her into it. Now she killed someone.

     She resumed her seat next to me and I grasped her hand underneath the table. She squeezed mine back instantly. She was so focused on what Voldemort was saying that she didn't pay any attention to me, or anyone else for that matter. She truly was a loyal Death Eater.

     Finally the meeting was over and my parents said their goodbyes to me and, surprisingly, Davie. My father shook her hand and told her something, and my mother hugged her and whispered something to her. I guess that means the parents approve of us. We walked out the door, took hands, and disapparated.

     The first stop we made was the Shrieking Shack to change back into our school robes. We took out our wands and quickly changed. After that we ran back to the Hog's Head where Harry, Liam, Louis, Niall, and Zayn were gathered around the table, with their arms on each others' shoulders, singing stupid songs.

                          ~Zayn's P.O.V.~

     The boys and I were still at the Hog's Head when Davie and Draco walked back in. "Hey where have you two- whoah... Davie Anne what did you do with your hair?" Liam asked her when she sat back down with the five of us. Draco went to fetch more Butterbeer. "Oh I um... I just wanted to make it a little different. I've had the same color hair for fourteen years and I thought it was time to be different," she replied.

     I noticed it too. Her hair wasn't its usual vibrant red. It had streaks of black in it now. There was also a scratch on her cheek. "What happened here?" I asked, brushing my thumb over the injury. "I-I slipped on the ice and fell. Nothing to worry about," she responded. I would have said something more but Draco came back with the Butterbeer.

     "I got this for you, dear. Help you keep warm," Draco stated, handing her the glass. She gave him a brief kiss on his cheek and sipped on her drink. I examined her cheek as everyone else carried on with a conversation. It didn't look like an injury from slipping on the ice. It looked like... a wand was pressed against her skin.

     I pondered over this for the next few days. The boys thought I was absolutely mad, but I know what I saw. It was definitely a wand or something of that nature. I was absolutely sure when I asked her about not a few days later. "Hey Davie how's your scar doing?" I asked. "Better," she said. "Tell me again, how did you get it?" I asked her to see what she would say. "Oh I accidentally ran into a pillar. It's nothing though," was her response. That scar was not what she said it was.