Chapter 12: Escape

~Davie's P.O.V.~

     Pansy Parkinson. I always knew she hated me. Now she was going to kill me. Draco burst into the Common Room just in time. "Guess what darling! You can stay-" he began to say, but stopped immediately when he saw what was happening. "Pansy!" he shouted. She only held me tighter and pressed the wand deeper into my skin. I screamed to Draco for help. He pulled out his own wand and pointed it at Pansy.

     "Pansy...put her down. I don't want to have to hurt you..." Draco said slowly. "Take one step, Malfoy, and I'll blow her to bits," Pansy threatened. Draco swallowed hard. He cast a spell at her feet, which made her lose her grip on me. I immediately took advantage of this and ran to Draco, pulling him out of the Common Room. She growled and followed us.

     We dodged every spell, jinx, and hex she threw at us. I didn't stop running. I dragged Draco behind me until we finally lost her in the Forbidden Forest. "Why did you bring us here?!" Draco asked. It's the only place I knew she wouldn't come!" I said. "Well we can't go back," he said, "she'll kill you." "Someone has to come looking for us sooner or later, right?" I asked. Draco nodded and caught his breath.

     Over the next few hours we wandered around the forest, talking. The last thing we spoke about was the best, in my opinion. It made me so happy that I cried. "So Davie... do you remember that letter that you received from your orphanage?" he asked. "How could I not?" I replied solemnly. "Well... I told my parents... and um..." he paused and took both of my hands, "You're coming to live with us."

     I became short of breath and started to shake. I collapsed onto his chest and started crying with joy. I said some muffled words that weren't understood by either of us. He held me close and kissed me a few times to calm me. His lips were soft and sweet. They tasted of chocolate and Butterbeer. I couldn't resist them. I never wanted to leave the forest.

     We were snuggled together, keeping warm, in a high forked branch on one of the trees. We had seen a herd of centaurs and another of unicorns pass by beneath us. We had been there for seven hours and nobody had found us. Maybe it was because we went so far in. "Why haven't we come here to be alone before?" Draco asked. "It's called the 'Forbidden Forest' for a reason, darling. We're not even allowed to be here," I answered.

                      ~Draco's P.O.V.~

     We weren't even allowed to be there. "Well I guess since you dragged me here, you're just a little rebel," I smirked. She rolled her eyes and kissed me once more. "I don't care if they don't find us," she said, "I'd rather be here with you than at Hogwarts." I snuggled in closer to her and held her tighter. It was getting darker and darker by the minute.

     After a few minutes, when I was sure she had fallen asleep, I gave her a quick kiss on the forehead and hopped down from the tree. I ran around the forest to find the way back to the castle. Once I found it I ran back to the Common Room and grabbed some white roses. I ran back out without anybody noticing. The only strange thing was a gray and white owl watching and following me the entire time. It followed me through the castle and the forest until finally I lost it about 10 meters from the tree.

     I set the roses at the bottom of the tree before I went up. I quietly climbed up to the branch that Davie was sleeping on. She looked so peaceful and sweet laying there. I snuggled up close to her once more, but this time I accidentally woke her up. "What did you leave for, darling?" she asked. "How did you know I left?" I asked. She was asleep. She had no way of knowing.

     "You woke me up when you left, too. I fell back asleep quite fast," she said quickly. I nodded. She rested her head on my chest and started to hum the song I taught her. I smiled and stroked her soft hair as she fell asleep humming the tune. I briefly kissed her and fell asleep with her in my arms.

     I woke alone the next morning. Davie was nowhere to be found. A small fox was sitting on the adjacent branch with the roses I got for Davie in its mouth. I tried to shoo it away but it was no use. It was acting strange, like it wanted me to follow it. I did. It led me to a cave that was guarded by a lot of magic. It guided me through and we ended up in an abandoned stone building. Inside was a small kitchen, a bedroom with a somewhat large bed, a bathroom, and a garden out the back door.

     "Wow... I wish Davie were here to see this," I said. The fox jumped down from the window, landed on the bed, and set the roses on the bedside table. It hopped around for a few seconds until I sat on the bed as well. It barked at me and jumped into my lap. "Where do you suppose Davie has gone?" I asked it. It cocked its head to the side at the mention of her name. 'Oh great. I've started talking to animals,' I thought. I petted the fox, which it liked. I decided to call it Alex.

     I began to worry more and more as to where Davie had run off to. I had wandered for a while and it started to get dark. This is when I really began to worry. I called out her name many times. All that did was disturb the unicorns. I quickly checked the tree. Nothing there. Scared, I ran back to the little house that the fox brought me to. It was playing around with something silver. I picked it up and realized it was Davie's snowflake hairpin. "Where did you get this?" I asked Alex. It stood still for a second, and then transformed into Davie Anne Finnegan.