Chapter 2// Why?

( A lil trigger warning)

Normani pov

I just got done with my shift at the dinner when i got a message from him.

Arin

When you get home your ass is grass. you got 10mins to be here or your going to make it worse for yourself

I read the message and rushed to the car knowing he wasn't kidding. I know it's not safe to be stay in this type of relationship but he wasn't always like this. He was sweet and caring then a few months after we had jasmine he changed. I started the car up knowing ill have to speed to make it there on time. I pulled out the parking lot and took off

After running a bunch of red lights and speeding. I made it with 3mins to spare. I quickly got out the car and left running to the door. As soon as i got the door open and I got inside i was slammed against the door.

" You made it on time today so you won't be hurt that bad" he said while kissing up all on my neck.

I could smell the alcohol on him strongly. He makes me feel so useless and like a toy. I was so into thought until i felt pain in lower region. I let out a cry as he forcefully has me against the wall forcing himself inside me.

" arin please stop it hurts so bad" i sobbed out.

" Shut the fuck up and take it bitch" he said as he quickened his pace.

( Skip the rest of the night)

I woke up on the cold tile floor in pain. The memories of last night flooded in like a train wreck. I got up and limped to the bathroom to see a slight bruise on my neck. I have brusies all over my body. I know i can cover most of the marks with make up and the rest with clothing. I walk into the empty room and head to the closet. i decided on jeans and a hoodie. I grabbed them and went back to the bathroom. I took shower and cried while i was in there. What did i do to deserve the treatment i'm getting i said to myself while i was in there. I prayed for a miracle to happen for god to try and send help my way today. When i got out i dried off and and put on my clothes. I put some make up around the see able bruises and walked out he bathroom and grabbed my vans and slipped them on. I was going to my friends house because jasmine stayed the night over there. I grabbed my keys and phone that were still on the floor and walked out. I got in the car and headed out.

(skip ride)

I pull up and i see 2 other cars here. I parked into the drive way and got out. I went to the door and knocked. Blair opened the door.

" Hey mani" he said with a smile

" Hey blair" i smiled back as he let me in.

I head towards the living room to see them watching something about y/n and jasmine playing on her phone. I walked over to jasmine and kissed her on the head.

"Mommy" she said as she got up and hugged me. I hugged her back and told her to go ahead and keep playing we not leaving for a while. I sat next to jess and nevaeh.

" What yall watching about her fine self" i asked drooling at the sight of y/n.

" Girl this a interview from a few days ago confirming she's been single for a while with her snobby ass" jess said

" Mannn her fine ass can come get this any day and she got that moneyyy" nevaeh said

" Bitchh who you telling" i said while giving her a high five.

We spent most of the day talking about y/n but it was getting late and i had to go to the store. I told the girls bye and headed out with jasmine. We got in the car and headed into the store.

After getting to the store and getting mostly everything i went to go say something to jasmine and she wasn't there. I called out for her but she aint answer. I started to look for her down the aisles until i seen the back of her head talking to someone in a suit. Oh i hope she didn't do anything i said quickly walking to her " Jasmine you can't go running off like that" i said to the girl while grabbing her I look to see who the person was... it was y/n. I immediately freaked out.  " omg I'm so sorry about her she didn't cause you any trouble did she.. Ohh i hope she didn't ruin your suit i don't have money for that" I said but tried to mumbled the last part but failed because she responded. " No she didn't do anything or ruin anything all she did was be cute" with a smile and i smiled back. " well i'll let you get back to your shopping and stuff sorry for her bothering you" " No need to apologize. Hopefully i'll see you again sometime" she said while walking away. She wants to run into me again.. I internally screamed and quickly walked back to the cart with jasmine at my side.

After that run in with y/n nothing can bring me down today so i thought. I'm at the check out and my card just got declined. I just put money up there so why is it being declined i thought to myself. I told the girl to swipe it again but someone spoke up. " Scan my soda with her stuff i'll pay for it" I turned my head to see y/n handing a box of soda to the cashier.

" You don't have to i can just wait unt-" " Nothing you can say is gonna stop me from paying for this beautiful" she said with a genuine smile. I blushed. she knelled down to jasmine and said something because her eyes lit up she pointed at the baby bottle pop. she reached over and grabbed 4 of them and handed them to the cashier. She scanned everything. " Your new total is $345.67" she pulled out her card and put it in the machine . Once it made a noise she took her card out and put it back in her pocket. She helped me put all of my groceries in the cart. she took her box and carried it out walking next to me. My heart was racing.she parked diagonal from me so she told me hold on and quickly put the box in her nice ass car. she ran back to my car and helped me unload the stuff.

" Thank you so much you honestly didn't have to do that you could've been a snobby celebrity but you weren't so thank you". I said holding jasmine.

" No problem this was nothing i'm just happy i could help you put food on the table. Here... uhh take this card it has my assistant number um where's my pen.... ah my number just incase your in need of a job or anything call me please" She said looking at me. " I-i thank you so much" I said with tearing up . I might be able to finally quit that damn job if she meant what she says. My phone went off I checked it and my eyes held fear. It was arin

" uhm are you okay" " Yeah yeah i'm fine i have to go" I quickly rushed out. putting jasmine in the car. " wait what's your name" " it's n-normani" I said as I got in my car and drove away.