OS Number 27 - Inspired by Edho Seigiraai

Song and Character Credits – All rights belong to their respective owners

Kathir had been carefully adjusting the collar of the light pink shirt he was wearing. It was his favourite shirt - only because Mullai had chosen this for him. Kathir thinks back as to how he would have reacted if someone had asked him to wear this shirt before Mullai came into his life. He laughs before continuing to adjust the shirt. The angry man was long gone and now, Kathir was a completely different person.

Edho seigiraai ennai edho seigiraai
Ennai ennidam nee arimugam seigiraai
Edho seigiraai ennai edho seigiraai
Ennai ennidam nee arimugam seigiraai

He looks at himself in the mirror and starts to adjust his hair when he sees the familiar figure appear at the corner of the mirror. A smile appear on his face and for a while, Kathir stops whatever he had been doing and watches as Mullai dries her hair with the towel. Mullai was dressed in a matching light pink saree and had not worn any accessories except for her wedding chain, a gold earring that Kathir had gotten for her as their wedding anniversary gift and toe rings. Yet, Kathir felt that she looked like an angel who had came straight from heaven.

Unnodu pesinaal ul nenjil
Minnal thondruthae
Kannaadi paarkaiyil
En kangal unnai kaattuthae

Mullai comes right behind him and smiles shyly at his reflection on the mirror and Kathir reciprocates with a smile. Kathir steps aside and watches as Mullai braids her hair and wears her accessories. They exchange looks through the reflection on the mirror and speak a thousand words through their eyes.

Pennae idhu kanava nijamaa
Unnai ketkindren
Anbae intha nimidam nenjukkul inikkirathae
Adada intha nerukam mayakamaai irukkirathae
Unnaal intha ulagam yaavumae
Pudhithaai therigirathae

Soon Mullai is ready and she turns around and comes close to Kathir. She raises her eyebrow as if questioning him if she looks good. Kathir takes a deep breath. A lot of things had changed in these two years except for the way his heartbeat quickened each time she came close to him. He then nods at her as if telling her that she was the most beautiful girl on Earth. Together, they leave their room.

Pennae endhan kadikaaram
Endhan petchai ketkavillai
Unnai kanda nodiyodu
Nindrathadi odavillai

Kathir joins his Murugan Mama at the hall while Mullai goes to the kitchen to help her mother. Kathir's eyes keep darting from Murugan Mama to the kitchen entrance and then to the clock. Every minute of waiting feels like an eternity and slowly Kathir loses his focus on whatever that Murugan Mama was speaking. All Kathir could think of was about his Azhagi.

Ithu varai yaaridamum
En manathu saayavillai
Enna oru maayam seidhaai
En idathil naanum illai

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Mullai was also lost in her thoughts. She had not expected Kathir to pick out that particular shirt so she was pleasantly surprised to see that they had been wearing matching outfits. She smiles to herself and eventually, brings out the breakfast that her mother had prepared to the table.

Enna idhu enna idhu
En nizhalai kaanavillai
Undhan pinbu vanthathadi
Innum athu thirumbavillai

Seeing Mullai finally come out of the kitchen, Kathir smiles. He continues to discreetly admire her.

Engae endru ketten
Un kaaladi kaattuthadi
Anbae intha nimidam nenjukkul inikkirathae
Adada intha nerukam mayakamaai irukkirathae
Unnaal intha ulagam yaavumae
Pudhithaai therigirathae

Mullai sets up the breakfast table and looks at Kathir who immediately understands her cue. He gestures to Murugan that breakfast is ready and all four of them have their breakfast together. Then, after clearing up everything, the four of them head out towards the door. Murugan locks up the house and they move to the car that Kathir had rented for them to drive to a wedding (Parvathi's long distance relatives).

Kathir: Mama, munnadi ukkanthukonga

Murugan: Illa Mapillai, Mullai ukkarattum

Mullai: Illapa neenga munnadi ukarunga. Avuha sonna sariya thaan irukkum.

Murugan: Ennamma puriyama pesura. Nee mapillaikooda ukkantha thaane parka nalla irukkum.

Before Murugan could argue further, Mullai quickly opens the back door and settles beside Parvathy. Kathir gestures to Murugan and the two of them sit at their respective seats. Kathir adjusts the mirror before starting the car and drives off.

Kaadhal nenjam pesikkolla
Vaarthai edhum thevai illai
Manadhil ulla aasai solla
Mounam pola mozhi illai

Throughout the journey, Kathir and Mullai exchange glances through the mirror. It was moments like these that even silence was beautiful. Seeing Mullai's smile made Kathir smile and vice versa.

Indru varai en uyirai
Ipppadi naan vaazhthathillai
Puththam puthu thottram idhu
Verethuvum thondravillai

Netru varai vaanilaiyil
Endha oru maattram illai
Indru endhan vaasalodu
Kandu konden vaanavillai

Soon they arrived at the Mandapam and Kathir drops off everyone off before parking the car. He comes back to the entrance and sees Mullai waiting for him.

Kathir: Mulla, ulla pogala?

Mullai: Unkalukkaga thaan wait pannaen

Kathir: Athai kooda poyirukalame

Mullai: Amma avanga avuha kooda ulla ponanga. Athaan naanum en avuhakaga wait pannen.

Ore oru naalil
Muzhu vaalkai vazhthenae
Anbae intha nimidam nenjukkul inikkirathae
Adada intha neruppu mayakamaai irukkirathae
Unnaal intha ulagam yaavumae
Pudhithaai therigirathae

Edho seigiraai ennai edho seigiraai
Ennai ennidam nee arimugam seigiraai

Kathir smiles looking at her bright smile and then at the entrance. It was this very mandapam where their lives had changed completely. They were back after two years but this time, Mullai and Kathir were both completely happy and at peace within. Mullai interlocks her fingers with Kathir's fingers and they head in as a couple.

Sometimes, life has beautiful things planned for us. At that moment, it may not seem like that but everything happens for a reason.