OS Number 28 - Inspired by Senthoora

Song and Character Credits – All rights belong to their respective owners

"En vairamae!"

Nidha nidha
Nidhanamaga yosithalum
Nilla nilla
Nillamal odi yosithalum

Nee than manam thedum
Maanbaalan
Poovaai enai yendhum
Boobalan

En madiyin manavalan
Ena thondruthae

His voice kept ringing in Mullai's ears. Mullai's fingers play with her thaali kodi charadu and her lips curve up to form a beautiful smile.

Senthoora
Sernthae selvom
Senthoora
Sengandhal poo

Un theraa
Maran ambu
Ainthum veithu
Ondrai kaatril
Yeithayaa

Mullai turns to see Kathir sleeping peacefully. This man had definitely captured her heart and here he was sleeping like a baby after robbing her of her sleep. Mullai slowly gets out of bed and tiptoes to the other side of the room and settles down a small distance away from Kathir. Resting her hand on her cheek, Mullai admires Kathir and slowly she drifts into dream land.

Nadakaiyil anaithavaru
Poga vendum
Viralgalai pinaithavaru
Pesa vendum

Kaalai ezhum podhu
Nee vendum
Thokkam varum bothu
Thozh vendum

Nee piriya varam thandhal
Adhuvae pothum

"Oi, ennadi pannikittu iruka?"

"Yenga partha theriyala? Thuni thovaichikittu irukkaen!"

"Naan thovaikkava?"

"Athellaam onnum vendaam!"

"Illai, naanum thovaippaen!"

Kathir starts washing the clothes and Mullai being the mischievous one, applies soap bubbles onto Kathir's cheeks.

"Ey!"

"Yenga sorrynga! Chumma thaan senjaen!"

"Unna!"

Kathir starts chasing Mullai and the two of them run around the backyard, giggling like teenagers.

Senthoora
Sernthae selvom
Senthoora
Sengandhal poo

Un theraa
Maran ambu
Ainthum veithu
Ondrai kaatril
Yeithayaa

Senthuraa

Hearing Kathir stir in his sleep, Mullai jolts from dreamland. As she looks around, realising that she had been dreaming, Mullai smiles to herself.

Mullai notices that Kathir had moved and there was some space on the paai. She quickly moves back to the bed and takes her pillow and places it on the empty space. She then quickly lies down beside Kathir and faces him.

Mazhayin iravil
Oru kudayinil nadappoma

Marathin adiyil
Mani kanakkinil kadhaipoma

Paadal ketpoma
Paadi paarpoma
Moozhgathan vendamaa

Yarum kaanaatha
Inbam ellamae
Kaiyil vandhu vizhuma

Nee indri ini ennal
Irundhida mudiyuma

Seeing Kathir deep in sleep, Mullai recalls her childhood memories with Kathir. She remembered how she and Kanna used to fight as to who gets to sleep beside Kathir and eventually, they would end up on either side of Kathir. Mullai had always been a light sleeper and she knew that sometimes in the night, little Kathir would gently caress her hair and pat her to sleep before falling asleep. Tears well up in Mullai's eyes and without realising, Mullai instinctively strokes Kathir's hair gently.

Alaidhu naan kalaithu
Pogumbothu alli

Melindhu naan ilaithu
Povathaga solli

Veetil nalabagam
Seivaiyaa
Poiyaga sila neram
Vaivaaya

Naan tholainthal unai sera
Vazhi solvaayaaa

She whispers to herself.

"Chinna vayasu naatpu meendum kidaichiruchu, koodavae unmela ivalavu paasam vekira oruthar! Nejamavae nee koduthu vechava thaan Mullai!"

"Koduthu vechathu nee illa. Naan thaan!"

Mullai's eyes widen as Kathir whispers with his eyes closed. He then turns to the other side and sleeps leaving a shy Mullai covering her face as she processes that he had been awake all along.