Forty-Nine

The two-step outside. Closing the door behind them.

"So....w-wh-what did I d-do." The boy becomes more and more nervous. He stutter had basically died down over the past two years.

He became happier, not that he wasn't happy with the losers. He was. He enjoyed their company. Especially one of them. But moving away, he felt like something was missing, someone maybe?

He wasn't sure until he found Patty at a donut shop.

"Patty?" Turning around she smiles gently. "Hey, Bill. How are you? What are you doing here?" "I moved down here. On an impulse I guess."

The two continued to talks for a month. Soon getting together.

"You did a lot Bill... especially to Stanley." Bill nods, signaling for Eddie to continue.

"Do you remember...the night where Stanley started to freak out-" He shudders at the thought of it. Nodding once more as tears fall down more slowly.

"That night....he uh...he told us that he was-" "In l-love with me?" Eddie nods slowly, looking into the green eyes hidden behind tears.

"And once you moved....he was heartbroken...because you didn't realize it, Bill. You had no knowledge of it. Do you know how much he cried? A lot. He finally got over you like three months ago. And seeing you again brought back bad memories."

Bill starts to sob, sitting down on the small incline of steps. Eddie sitting beside him.

"I-I didn't k-know...I feel s-stupid now..."

The door opens quickly, after hearing Eddie's voice get louder. Richie of course gets worried. "Come on. Go inside." Eddie kisses Richie, before walking inside.

He's met by Stanley's eyes. A pair that he's seen over and over again. "Don't cry...come here." He basically falls into Eddies grasp.

"I'm sorry Rich...I should've known." "Yeah...." He slings his arm around Bill, pulling him closer. Small sobs from both Bill, and Stanley.