The 1

A/N: Hello! I'm WolfGirl54! I'm so excited to take on my second book in the "In Your Eyes" Taylor Swift series. I just fell in love with Folklore, like I'm sure we all did. So with that, I couldn't help but start creating this book, and I hope you enjoy it. If you want to contribute to my book at all, just send me a DM. Until then, enjoy Folklore all over again!

I glance at the clock swiftly, cursing under my breath. I knew I should have began getting ready half an hour ago. I knew my curly hair was going to betray me one of these days; it just happened to be before a date. After a good 45 minutes of seemingly fighting my hair into partial braids, I gave up. Now I sit, staring between two outfits, feeling time passing twice as fast as it normally does.

I groan and grab my phone, dialing Amara.

"Hold on!" she answers immediately, but sets the camera facing the ceiling.

"What are you doing?" I laugh.

"I have to grab my muffins from the oven! If I burn these again I will lose my mind."

I smile, setting my gaze on my outfits for the millionth time.

"What's up?" Amara sets the phone on the counter as she throws her darn brown hair into a bun.

"Outfit help." I flip the camera to reveal the two options.

The outfit on the left is a yellow cropped t-shirt, paired with black shorts. The outfit on the right was a blue tank top with jean shorts.

"Only you would stress about two completely basic outfit choices. Where are y'all going anyways?" she rolls her eyes at me.

I'm almost offended at her comment, but she's right. They are unmistakably similar.

"I just feel like the crop top gives a little bit more sex-appeal, even though my torso is too short to even be revealed in cropped tops." I shrug.

"I mean, is that what you're going for?" she raises an eyebrow.

I guess she's right. I don't even know what I'm going for. Frankly, I don't go on many dates. But after everything that happened this summer, I decided I would be more spontaneous in my decision making. So when Chase Bradshaw asked me to hangout, I forced myself to step out of my comfort zone, and say yes.

"He's cute. I just want the attention if I'm being honest. I just want a fresh start after everything."

"Then wear the yellow. It brings out your skin tone."

She's right. For some reason, this shade of warm yellow really brought out my mocha-colored skin.

I toss my phone on the bed and start to change.

"Where are y'all going?" she shouts, clearly away from her phone.

"We're going to get smoothies and drive up to the Crest to watch the sunset. It was either that or the matinée." I pull the shirt over my head, careful to not ruin the braids I spent too much time on.

"Fun! Call me after and let me know how it goes! Oh wait- how was your first week back?"

I shrug, as if she can see me, as I pull my shorts up my legs.

"It was fine. Syllabus week is always pretty boring. Thought I saw Trevor at the stop for the shuttle." I casually mention, peering at my phone to see her reaction.

"What?!"

"I didn't though," I grab my phone and prop it on my vanity as I touch up my makeup.

"Oh. Well, if you did, what would you do? How would you feel? I mean things ended kinda rough..."