Chapter 3

"It seems today that all you see is violence in movies and sex on TV but where are those good old-fashioned values on which we-" Kyle's ringtone blasted through my room. Don't blame me. He bought that ringtone himself on my phone just to set it all for himself. Yeah, that's the hot sweet Kyle we all know.

I jogged out of the bathroom and picked up his phone call.

"Yes yes. I'm almost done. Calm down, will you?"

"Actually, I just want to let you know that I'm not picking you up." What?! No! No no no!

"But why?? You know I hate parking a car in school!" I whined. It's true. Students are like predators to parking areas. If you're ten seconds late, then goodbye spot.

"And that is why you don't have to." Huh? "Don't go to school."

"Yeah, right. You want dad to kill me? Kyle, please! I'm ready now. You can just pass by my house, I'll be waiting on the porch, and we can go to school together as per usual." I said, grabbing my backpack and jogged down the stairs.

"Only I already called the hospital for your doctor appointment today." That's when I stopped on my track, staring blankly at the wall in front of me.

"You did what??"

"Hey! You promised me you would! I was only making sure of things in case you back down, you know."

"No. No no, I don't know. What are you saying? I can always go after school!" Gee, Kyle and his logic!

"Nah, today at nine sounds better to me."

"What?!" I shrieked at his words. Nine?? "That's like in an hour!"

"Then you better get going. Have a good day, sweetheart!"

"Kyle, no!" And he hung up. That son of a...female dog. I swear I'll make him pay for it.

You know, my dad might be cool but one thing that he's not cool about is skipping school, or even class for that matters and I was positive he'd flip if he finds out.

That's one problem. Then we have hospital. How did Kyle think I would go to the bloodcurdling hospital by myself? He's so out of his mind. What if I start freaking out there and there's no one I could hold and cry to? He's sick. I believe he's the one who needs a doctor.

However, these knees of mine are only getting worse and worse. Maybe it's better if I just get this over with and take some medicine so that I can run again tomorrow.

...

And that's how I ended up sitting nervously on the waiting area, waiting for my name to be called.

I still have time to back down though. Should I? But again, what's the worse thing could happen if I stay? The doctor will only tell me to take a rest and give me some medicine to take three times a day.

"Miss Cooper?" Okay. There's no turning back then.

I stood up and walked with the best smile I could muster into the doctor's room. I took a deep deep breath and let it out slowly, and kept on doing it for a few more times until the doctor finally turned around revealing a...good-looking young man...wait what?

"Um...where's your dad?" He narrowed his eyebrows at me and I narrowed mines back at him.

"I'm your doctor." Oh hell no. Kyle's definitely out of his mind. This kid? No way.

"No. No way. You're probably a year older than me and I haven't even graduated from high school. There's no way on earth I would let you examine me. No." I stood up and smiled brightly at him. "Thank you for your time, kid. Have a good day." But just before I could walk out the room, he stopped me.

"You sure you want to spend a hundred dollar just to mock me in front of my face?" A hundred dollar?? Remind me to kill Kyle in his sleep later tonight.

I turned around and stared at the smug look on this little butthole. He nodded his head to the bed next to him and I sighed before finally gave in and made my way towards the bed and sat on it.

"Don't worry. I was just kidding. You should've seen the look on your face." He chuckled, that annoying sound of his, and walked to me. Son of a butt. "So how can I help you in this fine day?" I rolled my eyes and started to illuminate him with the stories of how I felt that stupid pain on my feet and how I get fever sometimes at night. He nodded understandingly and examined my feet and also used that stethoscope thing on me before nodding his head. Yes, again.

He took his stethoscope away and sat back down on his chair. "Can I refer you for an X-ray appointment today? And a blood test?" I shrugged, not really caring of what I should do as long as this pain will go away quick.

He typed something onto his computer and then turned back to me. "Okay. Just go to the ground floor for the x-ray and blood test then we'll see about the results."

"Should I really pay you for this?" He chuckled and shook his head amusedly at me.

"I'm afraid so but hey, I'm not a year older than you if that makes you feel better." I rolled my eyes and jumped off the bed. "You might don't want to jump up and down too much due to your knee." I nodded my head slowly and left the room only after he shouted a sarcastic "You're welcome!"

...

"I'm so going to kill you, Kyle. You know how old that smartbutt looks like? 16! Yes, you heard me right! A little kid who probably got into an Ivy League university due to his smartbutt comebacks was my doctor, thanks to you." I've been ranting on the phone to Kyle ever since I reached home and he'd been doing nothing but laughing at me. "Kyle, say something! It's all your fault!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" He said trying his best to sober up. "Well, lunch break is almost over so I'm going to come over after school, yeah?" I sighed and said a quick yes before hanging up.

"What are you doing home?" I jumped so high at the sound of Travis surprising me from the front door. He chuckled at the sight of me and walked to the kitchen.

"That wasn't funny at all! And what are you doing home?" His school isn't even over yet. He still had like two hours to go.

"Got into a fight. Got sent home. Suspended for three days." I laughed and leaned on the counter next to the kitchen in which he was looking for something to eat.

"You're in a big trouble, young man."

"Well, yeah, that's what I thought." He said, pulling out a raw meat and aiming for the pan. "Until I saw you home." He smirked evilly. We all know I'm going to get into a big trouble but dad doesn't have to know about that, does he?

My phone rang, an unknown number on the screen. I ignored it for the first time but when the same number called again, I then picked it up.

"Hey." That voice sounded familiar somehow.

"Um..."

"Oh sorry. It's Eli." Eli?

"Um..."

"Are you for real?" I really didn't feel like I know anyone under the name of Eli though.

"Maybe you got the wrong number?"

"Your doctor?"

"Ah! Butthole! You could've just said that from the beginning. What's up?" He chuckled from the other line and I heard a sound of a paper before he cleared his throat.

"Um so, I have the result and I need to talk to your parents?"

"Well, too bad my dad's working right now. Can't you just talk to me?" He kept quite for a moment and to say I was nervous would be an understatement.

"Okay, um. Can you come back here?"

-------

Hey, guys! Happy 2015!

I know I haven't updated since forever and really that's because I thought no one was reading this...

So please please if you think I should continue, if you like this story, or of you at least read this, let me know? I will love you forever! :)