chapter seventeen

I was on my bed watching one of Billie's live performances with my headphones in.

I always adored the way she sang, even though most people considered it as 'whisper-singing'. Every song she sang depicted emotion and depth. A smile made its way onto my face as she made a few smooth runs in the song.

Hearing a knock on the door, I paused the video and putting my headphones around my neck, I walked towards the door. Seeing that it was Billie, I opened the door and let her in.

"Hey." I started the conversation, my arms folded in front.

"What were you doin'?" She asked as she sat down on the couch.

"Oh, nothing, just on YouTube actually."

Since God had no mercy on my soul, my Bluetooth headphones quickly got disconnected and the music from my phone played loudly throughout the rooms. I mentally slapped myself as I saw a smirk on Billie's face.

"So, you were seeing one of my performances huh?" She asked, trying not let out a small laugh.

"Yeah, yeah whatever."

I quickly went into my bedroom and paused the video which was playing.

"Bitch." I muttered, at nothing but my phone.

"Bro your phone can't be a bitch."

I flinched as I heard Billie say that and I turned around to see her, leaning against the door frame.

"Stop this shit. Just sit the fuck down and don't move!" I yelled jokingly. She was like a genie or something, catching me whenever I embarrassed myself. First the meet n' greet, then the park and now this.

"Sounds fun." Billie replied with a chuckle.

We made our way back to the couch and I put on the T.V.

"I just wanted to ask you about the trip." She said as she switched through the various movies and T.V shows.

"For a moment, I thought you were joking about the trip until I saw the damn tickets." I chuckled, still finding it hard to process the information.

"For real, we're leaving in a few days." Billie assured me as she finally landed upon a movie.

"Wait, I haven't started packing." I replied almost instantly, worried.

"Chill, I haven't either. Plus, it's just a week. Not a lot to pack." She replied casually, shrugging it off.

"But-"

"Nope, nope, nope. Just watch the movie with me." She scooted closer as I nodded, having no choice but to watch the film.

As the movie ended, I wiped the tears on my cheeks and looked at Billie, only to see her with puffy eyes.

"Awh, was someone crying?" I asked teasingly.

"Bro I didn't cry, I just teared up." She tried to brush it off, but failed.

"So, you basically cried." I said and she replied with a sigh.

"I don't blame you, that movie was so fucking touching." I replied as I got up and headed towards the kitchen. "Want anything?"

"Nah, I'm good." She replied.

"You sure? I've got a few cans of refried beans." I said, in a sing-song voice.

"You know me so well. Fuck it, gimme one."

I laughed as I took out two cans and opened them. Grabbing two spoons, I went back to the main room.

"Here you go." Thanking me, she took the opened can and a spoon from my hand, as I sat down and crossed my legs.

"Tell me more about the trip!" I said excitedly and Billie let out a chuckle nodding her head slightly.

"I fucking wish it was just us, that'd be dope. But Finn, Claudia, Conan, Pearl, mom and dad are coming too."

"Wait, what? Pearl's coming?" I asked, disbelievingly. She didn't bring up the topic, not once, and I was surprised by how Pearl hid it from me.

"Conan really wanted her to come." Billie replied taking another spoon full of beans.

"They're really close now." I stated, thinking to myself.

Conan and Pearl had been hanging out ever since they met in the green room. Every time someone mentioned his name, Pearl always had a light pink in her cheeks and she got all giggly. I just hope that they'd be official already.

"So, you'll be there right?" She asked once again.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Then start packing by tomorrow." Billie responded as she winked at me.

"Then start packing by tomorrow." I mimicked her voice and rolled my eyes, at which she laughed.

"No, but seriously dude, start packing. We leave on Tuesday." She stated as she turned back to the T.V., scooping a spoon of beans.

"But today's Sunday." I liked to be organized and pack earlier for my trips. There was no way in heaven and hell that I'd be rushed to pack in a day or two.

"Exactly."

"What do you mean?" I asked her, slightly raising my voice.

"When you nod your head yes, but you wanna say no.-" Billie sang, quoting one of Bieber's songs.

"I'm serious Bil!" I said, slightly panicking about packing for the trip.

"Bro calm the fuck down, you have, like, what? Two days? Jeez." She said, her eyes still glued to the bright screen.

"Okay." I said blankly, getting up and throwing the can into the trash. I was slightly mad at her so I decided to head back into my room. Taking one of my empty suitcases from underneath the bed, I unzipped it and kept it open.

"Willow, I'm joking. Come back!" I heard Billie yell from the other room to which I replied with a no. " Nope, you can come here if you want."

As I was going through my closet trying to come up with a few outfits for the next week, Billie quickly came in. She caught me by surprise as she hugged me from the back and I couldn't help but chuckle softly.

"Why did you hug me?" I asked.

"Why not?"

"Touché." I replied, not knowing what else to say.

"Oo, pick this, we'll be going on a cruise. Plus, you'd look cute in it." Billie said as she handed me a pink shirred crop top and a split skirt, both with a tropical print.

"You know you should stop complementing me or else someone's gonna have a crush." I responded jokingly but soon thought back to the conversation Pearl and I had.

"Actually?" Billie replied with a small smile on her face.

"Mm-hmm, so stop being so nice."

"Guess what, you're pretty as fuck Willow Bridges." She then blew me a kiss at which I rolled my eyes playfully.

We already acted like a literal couple; spending days together, going to places, and now, flying together as well. In the beginning, I just took it as something best friends do, but lately I've been thinking otherwise.

I didn't realize as Bil plopped down on my bed, her legs dangling over the carpeted floor. My bed was pretty high; having two mattresses piled on top of each other.

"Aren't you, like, bored or something? You should prolly go home." I suggested as I walked towards the suitcase and placed a folded pair of jeans and a halter top.

"Bored with you? No ma'am." She replied.

"Well you can sit there and watch me pack the suitcase." I replied sarcastically, at which she slightly smirked and gave me a look.

"Gladly."