chapter twenty-eight

Willow's P.O.V

"What do I wear?" I nearly screamed as I paced back and forth, with my phone is my hands. I still hadn't decided upon what to wear since I didn't know where Billie and I were going.

"The main question is, do you like her?" Pearl, responded dodging my question.

"I mean, yeah I do." I replied, slowly sitting back down on the bed.

"So ,when are you telling everyone?" Pearl softly asked, hinting at a 'coming out.'

"I guess I still need time. It still hasn't processed yet, you know?" I replied, looking down as I fidgeted with my fingers.

I mean it was true, I liked Billie, a lot.

But I didn't think I could come out any time soon, I was still going to need some extra time.

I quickly tried diverting the topic; back onto the dress I was going to wear.

"But like what do I wear?" I asked, and she shrugged.

"Depends on the venue." She replied nonchalantly and I let out a frustrated groan.

"I don't fucking know what to wear." I exclaimed, falling back on the soft mattress and closing my eyes.

"Dude, take a Will-pill." Pearl replied, hugging her pillow. Since the day she realized Will rhymed with chill, she had been calling it a 'Will-pill' ever since.

I rolled my eyes playfully, a small smile tugging my face.

"If Billie just told where we'd go," I trailed off biting my lip. Right at that moment, my phone dinged and a message from Billie appeared on my lock screen.

Bil

We're gonna go to this expensive ass place for dinner, so wear sum fancy baby

I smiled to myself as my fingers quickly glided across the keyboard and typed out a message.

: mm-hmm :)

"I need to wear something fancy." I responded, sitting up and crossing my legs.

"I got the perfect thing." She replied, with a smile and I prayed for myself, hoping that the dress would be in my comfort zone.

-

Pearl handed me one of her outfits that matched a pair of heels I owned.

"This? I can't wear this." I protested, completely unwilling to wear what she handed me.

The set was beautiful, yes; but it was not something I would wear or could pull off. It was a strapless black top paired up with high-waisted black pants.

"White heels, and you're all good to go." Pearl replied proudly.

"But I hate strapless." I grumbled.

"Stop whining and just take it goddammit." She exclaimed. "Trust me when I say you'll look incredible, even Billie will be speechless."

At the sound of her name, I felt my cheeks turn rosy and I quickly looked down at my feet.

"Someone's blushing." Pearl replied, giggly and I chuckled.

"Anyways take this back to your place and wear the exact heels I told you, got it?" Pearl instructed me, just like how a parent would.

"Okay mom." I replied sarcastically, as she let out a laugh.

"I'm so excited." She responded, gently squeezing the sides of my shoulders.