chapter twenty-two

*a few days later*

Willow's P.O.V

I slowly woke up from slumber only to see the hands of the clock pointing towards two. I fell back on the bed, frustrated.

Pearl and I were supposed to meet up for brunch at one in the afternoon. It was nearly fifteen minutes past two when I started getting ready. I quickly phoned Pearl and she, almost immediately, picked up the phone.

"Thought you were dead." I heard her say on the other side of the line.

"I fell asleep, I didn't really get to sleep well last night." I replied, honestly.

But the reason behind it was a little more selfish. I ended up pulling an all-nighter just to talk to Billie, and we did, for a good five hours.

"Why'd you not sleep yesterday?" She asked, to which I was left speechless, trying to come up with a good enough excuse.

"Lemme guess, Billie?"

"Maybe." I hinted, and I could hear her scoff.

"Girl, I swear, if you still don't like her, I dunno what the actual fuck is wrong with you." She replied, almost instantly.

"See, that's the damn problem," I said, as I grabbed a bowl of leftover salad from the refrigerator. "I don't even know if I like her. I mean, yeah, you know how I used to obsess over her, but I never knew I'd actually hang out with her. I didn't think I'd have to question my sexuality for fuck's sake."

"I don't really blame you to be honest, but just like think about it. Plus, you both are kinda cute."

"Stop!" I exclaimed, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Sure, I mean, I swear , the next time I call you; you guys are gonna be making out or something."

I chuckled at her response, rolling my eyes. "Bet."

"Whatever. Anyways, I'mma let you daydream about Billie. I'm gonna drive to Conan's."

"As long as you both don't fuck." I replied and I heard Pearl gasp on the other end of the call.

"I belong to Jesus and Jesus only. I love the Bible." She replied and we both laughed.

We quickly kept the call and I ended up finishing my food.

As I got myself a glass of water, the familiar ringtone started playing throughout the kitchen.

Immediately grabbing the phone from on top of the kitchen table, I placed it to my ear.

"No Pearl, I still haven't kissed Billie, hah, I win."

"Oh wow, okay."

I froze as realization struck. Why didn't I just check the caller ID. Sometimes I really do wonder if I have an actual working brain.

"Fuck, that's not what it sounded like. Billie I'm so sorry."

"Nah dude, that's totally fine. But, kiss me?" Billie asked a slight giggle at the end of her question.

"No, I didn't mean what I said."

"Oh, so you don't wanna kiss me?" She further asked, sounding slightly abashed.

"No, that's not what I meant."

"So, you wanna kiss me?" She asked, and I knew she was trying to hold in a laugh.

"Oh God, Billie! You know what I was tryna say-" Before I got a chance to complete, she interrupted me. "Sounds fucking great. I'll be there in ten."