Chapter 9-Sweet Confessions

Author's Note- Hope you enjoyed the last chapter and that Meera and her personality make more sense now :) And are you as much in love with Dev as I am? Talk to me, I would love your comments (and even your points of criticism).

Meera couldn't believe her ears-had she heard Dev right? Or was it just wishful thinking?

Dev was looking at her intently and when she didn't make any move to look at him, he got a sinking feeling. Still, he managed to keep his voice as calm as possible and called out her name.

Slowly looking up, she shook her head and Dev realised he had never felt more crushed in his life.

She said, "Dev, I cannot fall in love with you... because I already am in love with you. I fell in love with you in a span of a few days and I fell hard. I know it makes no sense, I don't even know how or why it happened but-"

She was cut off in between when Dev pulled her into his arms and took possession of her lips. The kiss was passionate, but filled with so many emotions. Meera felt as though she would cry; the joy was overwhelming.

When the kiss ended, both of them had to catch their breaths. Running her hand on Dev's chest, she whispered, "So does this mean you love me too?"

Still holding on to her, Dev smiled-he couldn't understand how his heart could hold so much happiness. Here, with Meera in his arms, he felt complete. She had come into his life like a hurricane and now, he never wanted her to leave.

"Yes, Meera, I love you so much that I cannot wrap my head around it. I am never letting you go now."

Meera was fine with that since she never wanted to let this man go either. She sighed happily-life really had the oddest ways of making the best things happen...