part of me

Gigi can feel her entire body freeze when she finally hears the familiar sound of the door opening after about two hours of living in pure uncertainty and fear.

"Hey G!" Crystal softly exclaims, walking down the hallway to the living room where Gigi is sitting.

Gigi sets the bowl of cereal on the coffee table, getting up and trying to build up a smile on her face to cover up the many emotions she had experienced during those hours of being alone in that apartment.

Part of what really makes Gigi anxious is the possibility of Crystal finding out that she went snooping around in her room and opened that goddamn suitcase. Even though she set it back in just the place it last resided in, there's still that overgrowing feeling and knowledge of the fact that Crystal might end up starting to build up suspicions too.

"Hey girl" Gigi quietly answers, watching as Crystal opens up her arms for a hug.

That alone could make Gigi nothing but grin.

She let herself sink in Crystal's arms, starting to melt against her warm body.

"Where were you?" Gigi asks, voice slightly muffled against Crystal.

She stays quiet for a second, just taking in the moment, or making up a stupid lie to get away with whatever she was really doing. Who truly knows?

"Wanted a bit of fresh air, I guess" Crystal sighs, rubbing her hands against Gigi's back and managing to send shivers all the way down her body.

Gigi slightly nods, not truly knowing what to say. Mentioning the suitcase seems tacky, and the fight or argument that could break out just seems like too much.

They finally let go of each other, but refuse to break eye contact that they managed to lock. Gigi feels very underdressed in her large t-shirt, shorts, and absolutely no makeup while looking at Crystal who on the other hand could only be described as overdressed. With her ginger hair slightly curled, a heavy mug, and just overall perfect look on, she could make Gigi feel insecure if she wasn't that confident bitch she's known as.

Crystal smirks as she finally escapes from Gigi's eyes, looking just barely away.

"What have you been doing today?" Crystal sighs, setting her tote bag on the couch residing next to her. "And were you late for work? I know for a fact you didn't start putting on any alarms in my room"

How the hell should Gigi explain that she has been nothing but a worried mess for the last few hours? She absolutely hates lying to Crystal, but it absolutely has to be done.

"I've just been..." Gigi starts, looking around the room to figure out what should've been the activity of the day.

"Hanging around, I don't know" Brilliant.

Crystal hesitantly nods, giving Gigi that damned side-eye.

What did Crystal even expect Gigi to say at this point?

"And yeah, pretty badly" Gigi murmurs, sitting back on the couch.

"Is a paycheck completely out of the question now?" There's a sense of concern in Crystal's voice, making the fear of a negative answer absolutely obvious.

"You know André" Gigi responds, setting her feet on the coffee table. "He does what he wants. At this point, we're also mostly relying on the customers"

If anyone, Crystal's the one to know how things work at that small cafe. She has taken note of everything that has gotten them more tips, ranging from wearing that bit too revealing top on a night shift to give a final show for the people kicked out of a strip club to giving that one free cup of coffee to a guy that thinks too highly of himself, which mostly ends with André bursting a blood vessel over the unprofessionalism.