What Now

When they finally got to the apartment Anakin jumped out and hurried to their room. He rummaged around for his holo projector. Padme and Rex entered the room as he was dumping everything out of his backpack. 

" Anakin, calm down." Padme bent down and picked up the holo projector that was lying on the floor. " Here, is this what your're looking for." She said handing it to Anakin.

Anakin took it from her. " Thanks." he tried to call the council but they didn't pick up. 

" What's the problem General?" Rex asked seeing Anakin's visible confusion.

Anakin fiddled with the projector. " The signal or something won't go through." he tired again but everything stayed the same.

" Ugh, why in't the signal going through!" he huffed with frustration.

" Uh, Sir, the signal is going though, it has been." Rex said.

" What no, that's impossible. Then why is the council not picking up?"

Anakin flopped down on the couch not realizing that he sat on the remote to the TV.

"Oops, my bad." Anakin grabbed the remote to turn it off.

" Wait, Anakin, look at the news." Padme said staring at the television.

On the screen was the temple. The temple that he had grown up in was on fire. Parts of the massive building had collapsed. There were many police and clones all surrounding it trying to calm everyone down.  

" The total death count has not been confirmed, but so far twenty-five workers and four Jedi have been killed. The person responsible for this attack has not been found, but the the police and members of the Jedi council have stated that they believe the fugitives are a Jedi working with a separatist, but for now that is all the information we know, stay tuned for updates." 

Anakin shut the off the TV. He couldn't bear to hear anymore.

" I don't believe this." he murmured. 

Padme sat down on the chair across from him. " Do you think that--"

" No." he said before she could finish. " It can't be Ahsoka, I know her. She would never do anything like that."

" I don't want to believe it too, but a Jedi working with a Separatist? That sounds an awful lot like her and Ventress."

" It's not her!" Anakin shouted. 

Rex cleared his throat. " I hate to agree Sir, but we know for a fact that it was Ventress who bombed the temple and that Ahsoka helped her."

Anakin knew Rex and Padme were right but he didn't want to admit it. He had failed Ahsoka a second time in less than two days. 

" We need to go out there and find her then. She could be anywhere with that scumbag. I know my padawan wouldn't do this out of her own will. Ventress must have done something that forced her to take part." Anakin scowled at the thought of Ventress hurting his padawan, his Snips.

Rex stood there is silence. His head was hurting. All the memories were coming back now. Him and Ahsoka fighting Ventress and getting captured, Ahsoka telling him that she was going to help her because she didn't want him to die. All the pain he felt when Ventress plunged her lightsaber into his chest, he could still faintly hear Ahsoka's screams as he was being dragged away.

" Rex, Rex are you okay? You zoned out." Anakin broke him out of this thoughts. Rex shook his head and looked the two concerned faces in front of him.

" Rex, what is it?" Padme saw that he was clearly shaken by something. 

" I,I think I know what Ventress did to trick Ahsoka into helping her."