Chapter 9

Daisy

When I'd left Kella's house that afternoon, I still felt like I was floating. She was totally right about her girl Jave though; brutal, but oh so genuine. We talked and ate and Jave seemed absolutely astounded by the affection that Kella and I displayed. Kella's heart was a fortress, and Jave truly (and dutifully) protected it. I could tell that she enjoyed seeing her friend smile. I was happy to be the cause. Slowly, Kella was opening up to me. I wouldn't rush her. I was excited to see how far we could go.

Nothing could take me off of cloud nine. So when Morgan called and invited me over, I'd gladly accepted. I excused myself and headed upstairs to grab my things, I could still hear Kella and Jave laughing and swooning as I walked up the stairs. Before I left, I made my way back into the kitchen, kissed Jave on the cheek and expressed delight in meeting her. I pulled Kella into me and kissed her long, deep, and passionately, "I'll call you later, Beautiful." She smiled, "Yes ma'am."

While I couldn't wait to tell Morgan about the night before, I was nervous as to what she was going to say. She was just as, if not more, protective of me than Jave was of Kella.

Before I could park my truck, Morgan was heading out of her front door. She wore a tight fitting, black, two piece jumpsuit, and a huge smile on her face. I hopped out of the truck, walked over, picked her up, and twirled her around on her front lawn. She laughed and playfully punched my arm as I put her down. "Ohhhhh, Snookums must've gotten a lil' pussy last night!" I cheesed, "That obvious?" She nodded and ushered me into the front door. "Snooky!" I was immediately bumrushed by Morgan's three year old twins, Tristan and Trista. I leaned down and gave them a bear hug, "My babies! I missed you little monkeys!" They tried to drag me off to God knows where, but Morgan said, "Ut unh little children! Finish your lunch before you show Snooky your new toys. Please." They rushed off, "Thank you," she called after them. "Girl, they are a handful. Tiffany got them both brand new iPads and they've been showing everyone that walks through the door. Ma came past yesterday and they nearly knocked her over!" I laughed, "Leave my babies alone. Speaking of which, I need to go see my dear mother. And where is Tiff?"

Tiffany was Morgan's wife. They met and within three months, they were married. They were one of those once in a lifetime couples. It didn't matter when or where they met, they were destined to be together. "Yes, you do. Tiffany had to go to the site for a while. She should be back soon." Tiff owned an architecture firm and had designed more than half of the buildings in the city. Her latest project was slated to be completed six months ahead of schedule and nearly 2 million dollars under budget. The woman was dedicated and meticulous.

I nodded, "Cool. Can I get a glass of water or something?" She rolled her eyes and headed to the kitchen. I followed. I walked over to the twins, placed my finger to my lips to shush them, and grabbed one of each of their nuggets. They giggled. "Stop eating my babies food, Daisy!" I guess becoming a mother really does give you eyes in the back of your head. Morgan walked into the sitting room off the side of the kitchen, "Come in here, Snook." After I was settled on the couch, Morgan just stared at me with a grin on her face, "So? Did you hit?" I burst out laughing, "Yes girl, I hit. And I stayed. And I loved it. And that thing was just so, oh my God, Morgan!" She sat up, "Tell me everything!"

As I recounted the night's events, I watched Morgan's face go through a myriad of expressions. After I finished, she asked, "You're going to keep fucking her?" "Hopefully it's not all fucking. I'd like to keep getting to know her. You know, date and stuff. See how far it goes." Morgan wore a look of unbelief and confusion, "We're just going to ignore the fact that she's a hoe that treated you like shit, on not one, but several occasions?" I shook my head, "Not ignore, Morgan. More like, move past." I could see that she didn't understand why I wanted to keep pursuing Kella. "We spoke about it. She apologized, I apologized, we had an incredible date. I really like her and wan--." Before I could finish my thought, the twins had run into the room, holding up their iPads, "See, Snooky! Look!" "Oh, look how cool! Show me how to play the games," I said, as Morgan mouthed, "We're not done yet." I nodded to her, and commenced my god mommy duties.