Chapter 8

I woke up with Daisy's arm draped over my waist and her hands in my panties. I turned to look at her; she resembled a resting angel. I ran my fingers down her luxurious locs. A smile crept across my face as I remembered last night. "It's rude to stare," she said, not opening her eyes. I laughed, "I'm the queen of rude." Her eyes popped open, "Yes," she leaned forward and kissed me, "I know." "Daisy, last night was--." I didn't get to finish my statement, because my bedroom door flew open and in walked Jave's loud ass, "Bitch! You can't lay around all damn day, thinking about another girl--."

She stopped speaking when she saw Daisy. "Oh, hello," she said, addressing Daisy, "Night's over. Your clothes are around here somewhere." Obviously, she assumed that Daisy was another conquest. Daisy sat there, stern faced, not sure if what to say. I spoke up, "Jave, this is Daisy," her eyes widened, "Daisy, this is my very best, and very tactless friend, Jave." Jave held out her hand, which Daisy shook. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I thought, never mind what I thought. I've heard so much about you! I'll let you ladies get freshened up and I'll be in the kitchen, waiting." Daisy just smiled and nodded. As Jave closed the bedroom door, she mouthed, "She is fine!" "Are all of your friends like that?" "All three of them. They're like me, brutal with a genuine heart."

It took us about 15 minutes to freshen up. Thankfully, my chef had already prepared breakfast. Jave was sitting at the breakfast bar, stuffing her face with eggs and french toast. "Good morning, whore," I mumbled to her as I headed towards the coffee pot. "Daisy, do you want coffee?" She nodded as she took a seat on the stool next to Jave. "Sooo, Daisy, " Jave started, "She finally got it right. On behalf of my friend, I'd like to apologize for the way she treated you at dinner." Daisy chuckled, "It's all good. She made up for it on our date last night." Jave's brow furrowed, "She didn't tell us that you all were going out last night." "That's because I didn't want to hear your mouths," I said, joining them and placing Daisy's cup in front of her. Daisy said thanks, as Jave sucked her teeth. "You must be something special, Daisy. I do apologize for my, what did she call me? My tactless introduction this morning." "Water under the bridge," Daisy replied, "Kella and I also made a bad first impression. Yet, here we are."

Yes, here we were. My crush had multiplied tenfold. I was standing mere feet from her, with an overwhelming desire to be next to her, to kiss her, to have her kiss me. Even with Jave sitting right there. But my feet wouldn't move. I couldn't recall the last time that I'd slept with a woman, then had breakfast with her the next day. Had I ever? My stubbornness was becoming an ailment, blocking any chance I might have with any woman. Fuck it, I liked Daisy. I really liked her. Hadn't we discussed trying new things last night?

With more butterflies in my tummy, I walked around the counter, stood between her legs, and kissed her. I stopped and stepped back when I heard Jave gasp, but Daisy pulled me back towards her and kissed me again. I could feel her smile against my lips while she spoke, "Don't pull away now." I looked over at Jave, "What?" I asked her when I saw her amused expression. "Daisy," she said, "In all my years of knowing Kella, I've never seen her like this." "Like what?" Daisy said. "With someone. Showing blatant affection and not caring. Happy."