Chapter One - Fire & Gold

Author's Note :

This is my first draft so please be aware of grammatical errors.

❗️TIMELINE TAKES PLACE DURING "TURF WARS  1, 2 & 3"
OF THE LEGEND OF KORRA COMICS!
THERE WILL BE A TIME JUMP INTO "THE RUINS OF AN EMPIRE" COMICS.❗️

‼️THE EVENTS THAT TOOK PLACE IN "TURF WARS" WILL BE VAGUELY MENTIONED AND IN MY STORY WILL ONLY BE KNOWN AS A BACK STORY WHILE WHAT I HAD WRITTEN IS THE STORY BETWEEN MAKO & WU DURING THOSE EVENTS.‼️

——————————————————

W U

My heart was beating fast as I watched Mako making his way over to me. Time had passed after Kuvira's attempt to take over Republic City and I found myself living with the hot-tempered firebender after I decided to abdicate my crown. I was now simply a regular citizen of the world with no attachments or priorities holding me down any longer.

Or so I thought...

"How's your arm, Mako?" I asked as I carefully examined the cast.

Mako breathed out a sigh and ruffled my hair. I watched him attentively as he tried to fix my collar and straighten out my coat. A blush started to creep onto my cheeks as his soft fingers lightly grazed against my neck.

"It's doing very well...I have another healing session with Kya and I was hoping you'd like to accompany me," Mako smiled.

"Really? I would love to!"

"You know, it was very brave of you to help the citizens escape the train station...who would of thought a mind like yours would come up with using badger moles."

"Haha, yeah..." I blushed.

Mako continued to straighten out my coat as I watched him closely. One of his large hand patted down my chest to get rid of the lint that accumulated onto it.

"Mako, you don't have to continue doing all of this you know?...you're no longer my bodyguard," I snorted.

"I know that... it's just, I'm so used to being around you that I can't resist the urge and also that one time I discovered you were kidnapped had me furious and worried, so I really can't have you out of my sight."

"You were that worried?" I looked up at the tall firebender as his amber eyes darted down at me. I blew my puff of hair out of my eyes as I gave Mako my signature smile. I could feel his heat radiating out from his body. Mako nodded his head and turned around to where his shoes were. I stood there motionless as I watched the firebender clumsily slip them on.

"By the way, Bolin and Opal invited us to have dinner with them at Kwong's Cuisine," Mako said.

"Oh, that upscale restaurant? did the Kwongs rebuild the place already?" I cocked my head.

Mako nodded his head and ushered for me to follow him out of his apartment. I brought myself over to the door and slid pass Mako as he locked the door behind him.

"So Mr. Detective, how's the streets been?" I asked as I looked up at the tall man.

Mako contemplated for a second before telling me how the streets were doing fine besides the usual shenanigans with the triads. He explained to me that the triad gangs were still roaming around and causing havoc for the people who are trying to rebuild the city.