2: The Most Embarrassing Type of Kidnappers: Cosplayers

+++

"Welcome...Heroes." The man with the crown, the presumed king, greeted them hesitantly.

"Heroes?" The girl with the hospital gown furrowed her eyebrow with disbelief. Her kidnappers were too ridiculous. This cosplay show of theirs was so silly.

"Yes, Heroes." The voice came from a man with white and gold robes, wearing a mitre hat decorated with stunning jewels and refined designs. His silver eyes were filled with gentle warmth and he radiated piety, as he regarded the women with the utmost care. "We welcome you to Elubarith."

"I don't know if this is a new play for people with kidnapping kinks, but it's seriously weird. I've never seen kidnappers that turn out to be cosplayers."

The Pope stared at her in silence. They did, in some way, abduct these young women, but he couldn't understand the rest of her words. Her unusual vocabulary seemed otherworldly like the rest of her appearance.

The black-haired girl covered a cough with her sleeve and looked down, seemingly trying to hide the changes in her expression, meanwhile, the lavender-haired girl smiled nostalgically as she turned to the brown-haired girl.

"I haven't heard the word cosplayer used in so long, are you..." Her words blurred out at the end, as she watched the girls' reactions.

The black-haired girl crinkled her nose and looked at the girl in disgust at the use of the word 'cosplayer'.

"Aren't you all literally cosplaying right now?" The brown-haired girl rolled her eyes, as she looked around the courtyard at the weebs lined up in front of her.

"No, I don't think this is a cosplay," the lavender-haired girl answered mildly, without explaining much further on the circumstances of their attire and those of the people around them.

The Pope watched their peculiar interactions with interest. He found them odd yet intriguing. These young women were clearly not from the same place but they understood each other's language.

"Young Heroes, I understand your concerns. But Elubarith needs your help." He tried to intervene but the brown-haired girl raised her hand to stop him.

"If you need our 'help' for your little show, then shouldn't we at least have somewhere to sit?"

It was like her words were a trigger for the servants surrounding them to scurry around and prepare for the arrival of the new Heroes. They had forgotten their own roles with the admission of the peculiar series of events.

Though they caught themselves and quickly brought over a table and chairs. Soon they were ushered away, along with the priests and magicians, leaving only the Pope and the king with a couple of their strongest guards in case anything went wrong.

The three girls sat down and a brief silence followed when the other party was seated as well.

"Young Heroes... Should we start with introductions?" The Pope's amicable smile didn't fool the young women.

"Why should I introduce myself to strangers?" the brown-eyed girl retorted. Besides, if these people kidnapped her because of her connection to Richard, then they should know her identity very well.

The other two girls didn't say anything and watched everything unfold before their eyes, preferring to remain quiet. It didn't benefit them much if they stepped out now. Might as well let another take the bullet.

The Pope didn't mind her attitude and maintained his good-natured smile. "Miss, I understand your fears, but to assure you, we had no choice but to summon you here."