Twenty-two: Vulnerable

Hyewon’s gaze is flatly glued to the two-person talking at the front yard of Jang Wonyoung’s house. She’s busy peeling the tangerine that Hitomi just brought earlier from the market. Her hands come with pure intuition peeling the round fruit as her eyes are still stuck on the two. 

Yena who came from her the upper floor saw her, she even followed Hyewon’s gaze. After seeing it, a smirk slowly formed on her lips before approaching the said angel who’s sitting on the couch of the living room.

“What’s with that serious stare, Hyewon?” 

Hyewon glance at her, at that moment she feels so annoyed seeing the stupid smirk on Yena’s face. She can quickly comprehend why the younger angel’s giving such expression. 

“Why are you staring at me like that?” She asked, completely annoyed. 

Yena quickly distances herself from Hyewon as she can see the other angel’s aura is getting darker, she chuckles lightly while smiling at her.

“Are you feeling something you couldn’t comprehend while staring at them?” Yena asked, her lips pointing to Chaeyeon and Eunbi.  

Hyewon furrowed her brows, “Yes,” she replied shortly.

Yena grinned at her, “So, are you jealous?”

Hyewon whipping her head to Yena, she glared at her as her face can be seen with so much disbelief. 

“The heck, Yena? I am not for heavenly sake!” 

“Why are you shouting then?” 

“’ Coz you’re annoying.”  

“Ya! Why are you smacking my head?! 

Hyewon just rolled her eyes at Yena before shifting back her attention to Chaeyeon and Eunbi. She can’t seem to understand what the two were talking about. She even tried reading their lips but it’s not even useful. She’s really sure Eunbi’s hiding something from them, what she can’t understand is why would she hide it? And why does Chaeyeon knows it.

Yena pinched her nose, Hyewon’s busy staring at the two figures. She shook her head before asking a question again.

“If you aren’t jealous, then why?” 

Hyewon sighed, “They’re not telling us something,”

“What?” Yena asked, eyeing her as if she’s serious with her words. 

Hyewon sighed, “I know they’re hiding something from us. I just can’t understand, why hide?”

“How can you say that?” Yena asked, she finally occupied the other couch so she can face Hyewon. This talk might be a serious thing.

Hyewon then started telling Yena what she witnessed last night. From the moment she woke up in the middle of the night and before she fell asleep again. Scratch that, when she tried to sleep but failed. 

“So, Eunbi and Chaeyeon lied?” Yena asked, her eyes went to Chaeyeon and Eunbi.

The two are still talking with each other. They seem in a serious talk, basing from how Chaeyeon has a wrinkled forehead while Eunbi’s trying to explain something. 

Hyewon only nodded her head. She hates to think about it, but Eunbi really lied to her. She can’t let it go, why? Because Eunbi never lied to her, even from the past. Hyewon’s the first one that will always know what Eunbi will do in the future or whatever plan she has. That’s why she can’t take it well.