shinkai hayato x arakita yasutomo: lost

"Eh?"

The boy stared at the lost bunny, as he ate his anpan.

"What are you doing? Get lost, I'm eating you stupid bunny."

Without realizing, Arakita looked at the bunny once again, trying to remember if he met the poor animal somewhere.

Isn't that...
Shinkai's bunny?

The poor animal sat down next to a cardboard. The boy gets closer to the bunny, trying to make it comfortable.
He patted Usakichi as he started to tear up—a little.

"Poor thing. Your finding your owner?"

The bunny's ears twitched as it heard the word "owner". Arakita's head tilted and smiled. Carrying the bunny, he got annoyed at first but got used to it then.

"You really want to meet your owner eh? Alright then."

He went straight off to a strange place, carrying Usakichi. The environment was silent, and it feels like one of those horror films. Arakita didn't mind since he went to that place multiple times. He saw the tombstone and letted go of the bunny.

"He's here. Talk to him if you want."

Arakita just stood silently. Looking at the tombstone's name brings memories. He just smiled, and started to tear up a little bit.

"You know, your lucky that your his pet. He's such a caring person that he doesn't mind winning or losing."

Usakichi went near to the tombstone and started sniffing it, realizing it was Shinkai. It sat down next to it while Arakita clenched his fist and wipes his tears.

"He really cares for us. He didn't deserve to die. Why the fuck did this happened to him?!"

The poor bunny looked at the boy sadly, twitching its ears as Arakita loses it. He covered his mouth as he started to cry out loud. The screams from his mouth made his throat hurt more, he doesn't know what to do afterwards. Usakichi went near him and tried comforting the sorrowed boy.

"He really didn't deserve this.. I'm sorry its all my fault."

————

Tuesday, 7:00pm

"Are you sure you don't want one, Yasutomo?"

"Of course I don't, you fucking idiot."

Shinkai laughed off as they cross the street.

"So anyways why did you invite me over to your house?"

"I just need help."

"Are you sure?"

The tall boy with reddish-brown hair asked Arakita, in a playful way.

"Yes I am sure! What the fuck did you expect for me to answer?"

"Sorry, I thought you weren't serious."

He laughed off as Arakita looked at him, in a bitter way.

"What are you laughing at?! Its a fucking serious emergency tha—"

"Yasutomo watch out!"

A large truck with no headlights encountered the two boys and accidentally hitted Shinkai.
Losing consciousness, the driver woke up in shocked. Arakita just stared blankly, as he tries to forget what happened.

Sirens were heard after that loud crash. He looked at the body and started to breakdown.

————

"If only I noticed the goddamn truck he wouldn't die that fucking easily! God Yasutomo! Your such a fucking idiot!"

Usakichi went near to Arakita once again, twitching its ears, signaling him that it'll be alright. He just looked at the bunny as his tears are still falling.
Arakita picked up the small bunny recklessly as he is still crying.
He couldnt let go the pain from his chest. His throat is slowly hurting him even more.

He reminded himself that he needs to let go of Shinkai.
But at the same time, Arakita can't accept the fact he was dead.

But he has to.
He remembered one advice from Shinkai once.

"If you really love the person, you should let them go, Yasutomo."

Arakita looked at the tombstone, again, and said;

"Shinkai, you forgot your stupid bunny , you dumbass."

And he walked away recklessly.

(a/n: long time no upload haha i have writersblock. i also uploaded it on ao3
@xxvere_li
follow if u want lol)