Chapter 1 - Delicious Distraction

Thank you for the wonderful feedback on Mr Americano!! It's time for a new Alan fic, BUT if you haven't read any of my Alan fics, I strongly recommend you read Mr Americano first.
**** ................ ****

This one is  extremely different from Mr Americano, more rebellious. It was good to experiment with something new and mix it up with a different type of lead character.

This story has been written with a totally new perspective with my original character being younger and rebellious this time around. I wrote this after watching Nobel Son...possibly why ! Haha

I really hope you enjoy 'Infatuation.' 

[This story is rated 'MATURE' and will contain graphic sexual content and drug references] Also to mention - For a part, Alan is married in this story, but we're going to pretend it's to someone that doesn't exist, not Rima ;) 

.................................

Synopsis - 
Sometimes what we want is not what we need, but sometimes what we want can light up a part of ourselves we never knew existed until we have it. Olivia, a failing theatre student with a traumatic past, finds herself spiralling into a dark place, and the only thing that feels right, is the very thing she can't have – him.  

.......................................

Olivia's heavy booted footsteps reluctantly made their way down the corridors on her way to the lecture hall early Monday morning. It was much too early, and positively going to be another case of enduring the monotone of another boring lecturer, whoever that may be. Her mood was as dark as her clothing and the ebony curls that cascaded against her pale skin.

In tow was her roommate, Talia – a short brunette, bookworm extraordinaire and as some would say, the more mature of the two. If you asked Olivia however, she'd tell you Talia was 'boring,' but hey – chalk and cheese. Somehow they made their friendship work. Although as of late, due to Olivia's irresponsible behaviour with regard to her studies, Talia's need to keep her friend in check was becoming more of a daily duty. No one would ever think Olivia was three years older than Talia, making her twenty-three.

The Royal Academy Of Dramatic Art, also known as 'RADA,' was their place of study. Now in their third and final year, it was crunch time – certainly no time to be hitting the snooze button and sleeping through lectures.

"Have the corridors always been this bloody bright?" Olivia squinted, rubbing her temples.

She felt as limp as the bag on her shoulder that was slipping off and threatening to hit the ground with a weighted thud after helplessly clinging on for dear life – just as she had done to her bed that morning.

"I don't know why we attend these lectures," she grumbled, "A whole hour of some mono actor with a washed up dream who never made it, and so he turned to teaching...yadda yadda..."

"Didn't you read the email?" Talia asked. Of course she didn't read the email. "Apparently we're supposed to be having a special guest speaker today."

Olivia looked at Talia in a sarcastic manner, "Ohh. Oh, well that makes it all better then. Probably a has-been. I'm not interested. All of this theory is driving me insane. It's so unnecessary."

"It's kind of fundamental."

"Mental...you got that part right."

The lights were out in the lecture hall. Thank god for that. Olivia let out an audible sigh as if she were praising the heavens. At least now no one would see her nod-off. The lecture hall ascended in tall rows in the manner of a theatre, and the girls found a space in the middle row. Whilst Talia responsibly retrieved her books from her bag and arranged her things, Olivia leant forward to speak to the guy in front – Chris – the latest cute catch she was seeing. He was tall with long brown shaggy hair and green eyes – an alternative dresser, just like herself. Talia watched them smile at one another and Chris getting an eyeful of Olivia's cleavage when she leant over to plant a kiss on his lips.