TRAPPED

TRAPPED

Luke’s Dreamscape

A young man with dark eyes shook his head as he woke up, face down on a concrete roadway.  Where was he?  Gently he lifted himself up as he realised he was in the middle of the road.  Slowly he started crawling to the kerb.  When he had reached it he was pleased to see a wooden bench to sit down on.  Leaning his head on his hand he stared round.  

“Right,” he said, “I know I am Luke Smith,” he mumbled, “now,” gazing at the building near him.  “A pub?” of course there was a pub, “And I am...”  a quick survey did not help, no clues, “All right so I do not know exactly where I am!”  his heart froze, where is... “Nancy!” he yelled.  “Nancy, where are you?”

Why had he landed outside what seemed to be a heavily guarded government building with a pub nearby in, what appeared to be, England? Surely he was in the TARDIS with The Doctor?  Shrugging his shoulders he decided to go into the pub and see if The Doctor was in there.   For some reason he had a scene playing in his mind like he was recalling someone else’s memory... A bit fuzzy - like he had not quite woken up... Dazed he swayed as he was about to step into the road...

The young brunette sighed rubbing her eyes.  The Doctor had kept her up all night.  For what?  To fiddle about with that yellow car, Bessie.  Legs poked out in grey overalls and all she heard were lots of banging and very inventive language.  She would not mind if they were investigating some alien comet or space invasion but staying up a whole night for this...  The TARDIS stood at the other end of the laboratory, she desperately wanted to have another ride in her.

“Doctor, I’m tired, how long do I have to hold these cables for?”

The Doctor propelled himself out from underneath Bessie’s engine.  “Eh?” he asked a little confused, “oh just put them down... I do not think we need them now!”

The woman huffed a little as she threw them to the ground standing up to stretch her sore muscles.  “You could have said!” she snapped.

“Sorry,” he sighed, picking them up his eyes lit up as he remembered what they were for, he pushed himself back under and started fiddling again.  “Soon, she’ll be ready!” he mumbled.  

“Can’t wait!” the young woman folded her arms.

“Come,” The Doctor admonished, “Bessie has feelings, don’t you, Bessie?” The Doctor had finished tinkering and was now standing up stroking the bonnet.  “Lets have a spin.  Test her sproggets!”

Despite how tired she felt the young woman smiled, her eyes lit up with joy.  Swinging her arms as she skipped up to the passenger seat.  The Doctor already held the door open, “All right,” she said, “but I must get some sleep!”

“Sleep?” The Doctor’s blue eyes twinkled playfully.  “Who wants to sleep when there could be fun, adventures and all sorts happening!”

The woman’s light hazel brown eyes narrowed dangerously: “The only all sort I am interested in, is liquorice flavoured!”

“Want one?” The Doctor dug deep in his purple velvet jacket serving up a paper bag in front of her.  

The woman rolled her eyes but smiled as she dug into the bag picking out one of the pink coconut wheels.  Popping it in her mouth, shrugging her shoulders closing her eyes with delight, as her tongue captured that sweet aromatic flavour.  Grinning, The Doctor closed the door and walked round to his side.  

“Where shall we go?” she asked.

“Anywhere!” he exclaimed, “if I could give her wings I would let her fly to wherever you wish to go!”