Start of something new

Today felt weird, awfully quiet. I haven't spoken to Harry since our argument, well it's not like he hasn't made an effort, he has called a couple times which I rejected. One, I was in school and two, I'm not really in the mood to deal with it if I'm honest. It's almost the weekend which makes me happy, I'm on my way home after having coffee with Rosie like always. I wanted to explain to her what happened with Harry but that would mean she'd know about the agreement, so I just said we got into an argument. I don't have any meetings today, thank god.
My parents are away today and tomorrow so it's just Louisa and I at home.

Getting dressed after having a refreshing shower I let my hair air dry as I'm lay on my bed watching 'Friends' for the millionth time while Louisa throws a massive party downstairs because she doesn't have any classes tomorrow. I struggle to hear my program over the loud rave music which annoys me but there's not much I can do. I see my phone light up on my dresser from a notification, I decide to pause the show and check it. A message from Harry reads:

-Look out on your balcony-

I stand reading it a second time confused but intrigued so I make my way over to my balcony and open my sliding door to see him standing on my front lawn with a picnic basket. I just look at him trying to work out what he thinks he's doing, I must have told him my parents were out. My minds races trying to decide whether I let him in or not. 'I've got breadsticks' he teases and I roll my eyes but it actually makes me smile even though I'm still mad at him. I want to let him in but there's no way Louisa would let me, my eyes scan my front lawn and then I remember the ladder next to my front porch. I motion for him to take it, at first he seems hesitant but then gives in and climbs up onto my balcony.

I still stand with my arms crossed leaning m against my sliding door, avoiding eye contact with him. 'Hey' he finally says. Wow this is awkward.
'Hi' is all I can manage to reply with. He sighs sitting down and motioning for me to join him. I do.
'Listen, I know I messed up. I don't know what I was thinking yesterday saying it wasn't real. I guess I was just worried because I don't want Jeff to get mad again and I really want this to work.' He gently holds my hands in his and continues, 'But what I'm sure of  is that I do really want to get to know you.' He says all of that with full eye contact, he didn't break it once. That how I know he's telling the truth. I take a deep breath to process what he had just said.
'Okay' I reply, it's not worth falling out over, we aren't allowed to feel that way about each other and we know that. Why should I be getting upset that it wasn't a real date?
'Really?' He double checks, still holding my hands. I nod.
'Now where are these breadsticks you promised' I joke and sure enough he's brought some and of course some other snacks.

We sit and eat the food on my balcony as we discuss our day as we missed each other's, I go to grab another strawberry and he try's to take a photograph of me discreetly. 'I saw that' I say warning him and he does his cheeky smile knowing he's been caught.
'Smile' he instructs so I do so, suddenly I'm well aware of what I look like. I'm sat with no makeup on whatsoever, an oversized hoodie and some joggers. I'm surprised he hasn't made fun of me yet.