Chapter 4 - A Cast?

Nicole's POV

When I came to, I looked around me and I couldn't make out where I was.

"Where am I?" I said to myself not noticing the other person who was sitting next to me.

"You're in the Hospital,"

"What the... You scared me half to death," I mumbled, turning to look at Nathan, who sat beside me.

"How did I get here?" I asked him

"I drove you over," he says in a duh tone

My face turned red thinking of how he could've held me.

He was smirking yet again.

I looked down at my hands and they were bruised and swollen.

"Ouch," I winced when I moved them

"What were you thinking?" Now you're hands and your face are bruised,"

He brought me ice and I noticed him limping. "What happened?" I asked

"Well I think you forget about the part where you almost left me a broken leg."

"Oops. Sorry."

"Nah, it's okay I deserved it."

What did he mean by that? I decided not to question him

" Where did you even learn that?" he asked

"My dad used to teach me and my sis karate," I replied

"Why did he stop?"

"Well he barely stayed at our house for one week, he's always going on business trips."

Our Conversation was stopped short when the nurse came in, and I was glad she did. I didn't feel like talking about my life, Only Tiffany and Leah really knew about me.

Apparently she told me I have a broken hand and I have to wear a cast to protect and support fractured or injured bones because they help to keep the bone in place until it fully heals.

The ride to my house was quiet except for the voices of me giving him instructions.

"So what happened to you're mother?" he asks

I freeze my blood turning cold. How could he possibly know about that? Well obviously he knew my father was famous for the kind of job he did. It's not like he ever told me about the kind of job he and my mom were doing. They'd always change the subject whenever I asked them about it.

"Nicole?"

"Yeah. Sorry what did you say?"

"I said....." his voice trails off when my phone rings.

I quickly answer it thankful for the distraction, I really didn't want to talk about my mother or I'd end up in tears by the time I was done.

"Yes?" I said into the phone.

"Ohmigod, Guys she's alive." Leah announced to some other people on the other side of the phone, and I heard Bella barking.

"Really Leah, why would you think I'm dead?" I mumbled

"Well what kind of crazy person would beat up 3 people and then almost kill one?"

"I didn't kill the bitch."

"You were close though. Did you know that you knocked her out?"

"She deserved it." I protested

"You do know how much trouble you're in right?"

Oh shit. Why hadn't thought of how much trouble I'd be in? She was the principal's daughter, she'd always get her way even if she was involved. Last year, she had gotten Lucy (who was a new girl) expelled because she made her dad believe that she had brought a gun to school, the only reason she did make up that lie was because Lucy's boyfriend was the same guy that Tamara was trying to impress.

What kind of a dumb story is that? She literally said "Dad this girl threatened to hurt me with a gun if I didn't stay away from her boyfriend." She was fuckin' fake crying, I don't even know how her dad believed that.

"You can't come with hang out with us after school right?"

"I don't know the nurse told me to stay home for a few days to get used to the cast."

"It's okay. We'll visit you and I don't know how you're going to practice you're dance routine with a broken hand."

Why hadn't I thought of that before I decided it was a good idea to beat her up?

That stupid brain of mine

"Shit. why hadn't I thought of that. What if I still have the cast by the end of this month I won't be in the Championships, That fucking bitch why is she so infuriating?"

Next to me Nathan chuckles, I had forgotten he was next to me.

"We'll try to figure it out, but I think you could still dance with a cast on you just have to wait a few days or so."

"How long will that be?"

"Patience girl, probably after a week you might get used to it and start to practice our dancing routine."

"Ok." I answered. I didn't know how I would survive not dancing for 1 week it was the only thing that helped me refresh my mind to make me feel alive and the music was just the best part.

"Dancing huh?" Nathan asked me after I hung up.

"Yeah I started dancing when I was 5 and it just stuck, It's like my hobby whenever i'm stressed it's like my relief. I'm on a dance squad and were going to the championships next month so i'm stressed all the time. I dance more often cuz............" My voice trails off

"Because?" He asked

"I'm sorry I'm babbling it's just that....

"It's okay I don't mind."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

I told him about how I was going against the Power Surge in the Championships and how the captain was Tamara (aka The Bitch).

Then my phone rang.

"Fuck." I cursed

Nathan looked at me with an amused expression.

My phone was ringing and the caller was my Dad.

Scary Huh?

My father calling when I get in trouble is like the scariest thing in the world,

Who's with me?