Blowing Off Steam

Warning: includes language.
Disclaimer: all the characters except Nakamura belong to Haruichi Furudate. Nakamura is a fictional character of my own making. None of the art is mine. Full credits go to the artists. Author-chan out!

Iwaizumi's POV

"Hey Iwa-chan!" Oikawa Tooru's cheerful voice resounded in Iwaizumi Hajime's ears.

"Hey, Trashykawa," Iwaizumi greeted him.

Oikawa gasped theatrically. "Mean Iwa-chan!"

"Yeah, whatever," Hajime said gruffly. "Did you want something?"

"Well, I'm going to have to cancel our movie night today," Tooru said. "I'm going on a date with Akane, my girlfriend!"

Iwaizumi groaned inwardly, but he said "Yeah, okay." And left it at that. He had a huge crush on Tooru, but he was completely and absolutely oblivious to that fact.

Which sucked ass, in Hajime's opinion.

This cancellation was the first of many. All Iwaizumi heard about for the next several weeks was Akane.

"Akane misses me..."
"Akane wants me to meet her parents..."
"Akane's having a bad day..."
"Akane's bored..."
"Akane wants me to..."
"Akane and I already had plans..."

"Sorry, Iwa-chan!"

Hajime scowled.

Tooru was making Akane his everything, even over volleyball. And Hajime hated it.

He would never admit it, but he missed Oikawa.

Three weeks later

9:46 pm
GodzillaRules: Crappykawa, a new cafe just opened in town, do you want to visit it with me tomorrow?
Seen.

Iwaizumi could see that Tooru was online, but he didn't respond. Probably texting Akane, Iwaizumi thought. I'm sure he'll text back in a minute, it's like he can't see a message and not respond to it. He smiled to himself.

A few hours went by.

Oikawa was online the whole time.

And didn't reply.

Finally, he wrote back.

11:52 pm
TheGrandKing: i was actually going to go there with Akane tmrw
TheGrandKing: u dont mind, right

Hajime stared at the message for a minute. He laughed humorlessly. "Nope, don't mind at all!" He said to himself. "Don't text me for hours despite being online, cancel on me all the time, and ask me if I mind. Nope, not at all, I never mind!" He sighed and typed a reply.

11:54 pm
GodzillaRules: No, it's okay.
TheGrandKing: great!
Seen.

"Yep," Iwaizumi muttered. "Yep, it's all okay."

The next morning, Hajime checked his texts. Nothing. He sighed. Tooru used to blow up his phone every morning. Now he spent all morning texting Akane.

Iwaizumi finished his morning routine and walked outside. He made it to the street where he and Oikawa normally met up to walk to school together. He looked around. Tooru wasn't there. He decided to wait a while, thinking he was late.

After ten minutes passed and Oikawa didn't show up, Iwaizumi decided he must have walked to school with Akane. I suppose it was only a matter of time, he thought sadly. He started walking. It was Monday, so there was no practice today.