Chapter 5 Escape

(Hey guys I'm back sorry I didn't update, however, I'm tired of making you wait so here is another chapter. I said I MIGHT post it all at once didn't mean I would. So enjoy this chapter.)

———————————————————
The queens POV (Vincent's mother)
———————————————————
The queen walked through the hall, Vincent walking beside her. She and Vincent had been walking in silence for quite a while.

"So, Vincent how do you feel?. You seem a bit off" She asked the younger male "tired..." he sleepily replied. The queen nodded in response.

The queen frowned and stopped walking, "so son I need you, to be honest about this. Ever since I heard about it I wanted to ask if it was true."

She sighed before finally getting to the point "One of the maids outside came inside from the back and saw Dream attack you. I just wanna know are you alright?."

The hall was eerily silent "Vincent?" The queen asked to thin air and turned to where her son should've been. When she saw no one was there she started to panic.

"Vincent!" She exclaimed, no response so she hurriedly ran to the end of the hallway and looked around "Vincent!" She exclaimed once again "Vincent this isn't funny, where are you? this isn't time for your games!" Again no response.

"GUARDS!" She finally called running back towards the throne room.

——————————
Five minutes later
——————————

The queen was crying into the king's chest "it's alright Hunny he maybe wanted to avoid the question. We'll find him" he reassured her.

"Guards!, scour the entire kingdom until you find my son!" He said to all the guards that were now gathered in the throne room.

"Yes sir!" One of the guards said before leading the others out. "We'll find him, I promise."

————————
Vincent's POV
————————

Vincent walked beside his mother they were walking down a hall that was usually untouched. The walls were a pale blue with dark oak flooring. The curtains were a vibrant redhead from covering the windows by gold-colored clasps.

Vincent watched his mother's movement carefully before he heard a small ringing noise. He looked down at his wrist before his eyes widened. He managed to slip away without his mother noticing.

He made his way back down the hall they came from and found an unused closet. He opened the door and hid inside. He sighed and looked at his wrist. He stared at a small object one of his friends made him.

He had managed to convince everyone who asked about it that it was just for decoration purposes. It was a small watch-like object, it was dark purple with dark grey trim.

At this point, it had stopped ringing. He placed his finger on it and turned it back on. He moved to the contacts, he clicked to top name.

"Tommy?" He questioned to no one in particular. He clicked the button and started another call. A small noise was heard before Tommy's voice could be heard.

"Vincent!, you need to come to the base NOW!" Tommy's voice sounded anxious. "Why?" He asked Tommy.

"Me, Wilbur, Techno, and Phil went out to get more stuff for Daniel's wound. And we ran into a person they spotted us and Techno knocked him out." He exclaimed

"Phil told us to drag him back to base so we did now I don't know what to do!." Tommy started yelling concerns over the device.

"I'll be over in a few minutes alright," he told Tommy so he'd shut up he heard an alright over the small wrist device.

When Vincent slipped out of the closet he heard his mother "Vincent!" She exclaimed, "Vincent this isn't funny, where are you? this isn't time for your games!".

As much as he wanted to he didn't respond. He ran away from her voice and turned the corner. He spotted the back door. As he opened it he checked to see if anyone was there.

Just as he suspected no one was there, of course, they wouldn't at this time of night though. He checked the time on the device and realized the time. "12:56? Damn," he said.

When he stepped out the back door he ran into some guards and managed to stay out of their sight. Once out of their vision he bolted for the back gate.

He tried to open it and remembered it gets locked at 10. Luckily all royals have keys to open them. So Vincent pulled out his keys.

There was one for every door and gate that got locked, so there was a total of 17 keys.

Most were rooms inside the castle that only royals could access.

Once he found the right key he inserted it into the lock and twisted it to the right. Once he heard a click he knew he unlocked it.

He quickly opened the gate and went to lock it behind him until he heard voices. He knew if he stayed to lock it he would be caught. So he left it and ran towards the base.

He watched as the familiar trees passed, he ran quickly but stopped and ran his hand on a rock wall it was made up of a lot of rocks and stones.

He ran his hand along with it and stopped over a small rock. He had memorized the combination for months now and some would say it's confusing.

Tommy would usually complain about how the combination is hard to memorize. Vincent would admit it was kinda complicated.

He pushed down on the stone and it went into the wall like a button. He touched a rock beside it and pushed it in as well.

"Stone, Rock, Rock, Stone, Stone, Stone, Rock, Stone" he whispered to himself as he put the combination. He heard a very familiar sound.

The sound of pistons working together to pull the wall away from the center. Once it stopped Vincent walked through. He pulled the lever to close the door. Behind him, he heard the pistons and the natural light was blocked out.

The base had dark grey walls and birch flooring. The only light in the room he was in now was 6 lanterns all attached to different areas on the roof.

Techno ran up to him, said nothing, grabbed his wrist, and pulled him into one of the other rooms.

Once inside the first thing he saw was Tommy crouched in the corner staring at the wall. Tommy must have said or done something that Phil didn't like.

He held in a laugh, finding it funny that Tommy was sent into time out again for like the seventh time this week and it was only Tuesday.

His eyes finally landed on the opposite side of the room. Phil was standing beside a bed. And on top of that bed unconscious was a person.

Words - 1158