CHAPTER 40

AS THEY STOOD AROUND THE POSSESSED CLAIRE, they awaited for her to wake up ready in case anything went awry. She grew furious as she levitated.

"Release these shackles! Or I'll wear your spine as my crown peasants!" she warned.

Jim and Toby held their baseball rackets "that's a new one"

Toby said nervously "her creativity knows no bounds"

Elizabeth meditated ignoring the sounds of the chaos happening around her, she searched everywhere and tried to find Marc, ever since Morganas attack he was nowhere. Opening her eyes she saw Morgana floating around the room and strickler there as well. Sighing she didn't want to use any sort of power on Claire but what choice did she have, using her powers she created a barricade of energy in the room preventing the use of chaos within it.

The boys sighed in relief "thanks lizzie"

"It won't last long" she said before glaring into Morgana's eyes "where is Marcus Rogers?"

Jim was worried "you still haven't found him."

She shook her head "it's like he disappeared off the face of the earth." she said sadly.

Morgana cackled "that peasant has been made use of" she said tauntingly.

She scowled and looked down at her, allowing her eyes to glow dark purple "whatever you did to my friend, you better tell us where he is, now." she demanded firmly.

Morgana chuckled as her eyes gleamed bright "or what?"

The room began to shake as the two forces began to fight quietly. The others noticed this and pulled them away from one another stopping the stare down happening between them, blinky told her "It is better if this happened with Morgana out of Claire's body, Lady Elizabeth." Strickler reached into his suitcase and pulled out a book "the book of ga-huel? You were reluctant to dabble in dark chaos." he scolded the protectors "I fear now you are neck deep in it."

Morgana scowled as she yelled "traitorous impure! I made you!"

Jim asked her "how do we fix her?"

Elizabeth said as she stood behind strickler "her body is being controlled by Morganas spirit"

Strickler hummed in agreement "there will be a cost when it comes to this, even though I fear we have no other choice" he told keeping Morgana away from him "we all want to save Claire don't we?"

"Go on with it" blinky urged on.

He explained to them "Morgana is using her as a vessel, a puppet, but where is the real Claire?"

Elizabeth thought for a moment before standing behind Claire "what if we could learn Azoroths technique, the way he pulls spirits out of vessels?" she questioned.

He shook his head and pulled out a flashlight "he perfected that ability Elizabeth, you will not be able to perform it without corrupting yourself." he huffed "where is the real Claire?"

Toby noticed and gasped "she doesn't have a shadow!"

"No shadow?" strickler asked before realising "of course! The skathe-hrun! The shadow staff" they all looked towards it and Stickler grabbed it as Morgana caused it to fly towards him"It is a relic of Morgana, Morgana is the mistress of shadows. She doesn't cast a shadow because she is a shadow." he explained "Claire's spirit is trapped in the space between worlds, the shadow realm!"

She growled and tried to lunge towards him but they held her back, Elizabeth asked him "is there a way to pull her out of there?"

"There's only one way" he read out "someone must find her spirit in the shadow realm and return it to her body but we must do so quickly." he urged "the longer morgana stays her the stronger the hold on Claire"