Chapter VI: The Truth

It had been a while since Thora had recently caught Chinchou as her fifth Pokemon on her team. She was extremely proud of how far she had came in her progress with training so far on the Isle of Armor and was more than confident with her growing knowledge and understanding about Electric Pokemon. However, throughout her training, a reoccurring thought kept on popping into her mind. Throughout the six years her and her father started training, he did brought up the Thunderstone a few number of times. However, she somehow wondered what was so significant about it? Who actually gave her father the Thunderstone and why was it in his possession for years? During their break, Wyndham was preparing to make curry while Thora was sitting down with Chinchou and Toxel next to one another playing with each other. Thora had to ask her father about the Thunderstone that was used on Eevee to obtain Jolteon for her team.

"Dad," Thora spoke.

"Yes Sweet Pea," Wyndham replied.

"I want to know something," Thora began, "the thunderstone you gave to me six years ago on the start of my training. You mentioned that a friend of yours from Kanto gave it to you years ago...but I want to know, who actually gave you the Thunderstone? It's okay if you don't know..."

Wyndham looked down at the ground as he sighed. He knew the day would come that he would have to tell Thora the truth about who actually gave him the Thunderstone.

"You are right about one thing Thora," Wyndham admitted, "the person who gave me the Thunderstone was not an old friend from the Kanto region. It was actually given to me by your grandfather many years ago."

Thora's eyes widened from her father's confession. She never knew anything about her grandfather!

"Who is my grandfather," Thora wondered.

"I'll tell you all about him after we make the curry," Wyndham answered.

Thora nodded as she got up placing Chinchou and Toxel down heading over to her father to help make the curry. Once it was done, Thora, Wyndham and their Pokemon were enjoying lunch when Wyndham looked down at his curry for a brief second to clear his thoughts before he finally looked up staring at the sky.

"You grandfather's name is Thor," Wyndham began.

Thora looked up at her father once he spoke.

"Years ago, he was once an Electric Gym Leader from the Sinnoh region not Kanto," Wyndham continued, "but has long since retired from his title and has wanted someone to take his place. When I was around your age, your grandfather, my father, wanted me to be his successor to take over his gym but I wanted to follow my own path and become a Flying Gym Leader."

Thora was silent. She had no idea that her grandfather was once an Electric Gym Leader many years ago.

"One day, my father and I got into a massive argument which resulted in him and I not talking to each other for twenty years," Wyndham added, "when I was eighteen, I moved to the Galar region to start a new life as a Flying Gym Leader and it's there I met your mother once I started my career as a Flying Gym Leader. A few years later, your mother and I got married then we had you."

"I'm guessing I was named after my grandfather," Thora guessed.

Wyndham was silent. Thora hit it on the nail. Sure he did had some estranged tension between him and his father but there was a part of him that still had some strong respect for him.

"You were," Wyndham nodded once.

"Why and what was the reason at one point you weren't happy with my dream of becoming an Electric Gym Leader," Thora questioned.

"Because it made me think about what I went through with your grandfather," Wyndham confessed, "but seeing the enthusiasm you displayed when training with your Electric Pokemon and how knowledgeable you are about them, you remind me so much of your grandfather deep down, I couldn't help but smile."