Chapter XVI: Countdown to the Finals!

Thora was happily relieved that the first part of the semi-finals was finally over. As she reached the break room to rest her Pokemon, she collapsed onto the couch laying back down sighing to herself. She didn't know where she got her strength from to defeat Raihan. Quite honestly, she didn't think she had it in her to defeat him knowing that both were on the same level to rival the champion Leon. Thora wanted to watch the next battle proceed between Bede and Gordie but she was too mentally exhausted to even wanting to get up due to how much energy she put into battling Raihan, the least she wanted to do was to rest up a bit before the finals. Thora shut her eyes as she began to clear her mind trying to rest. While she was resting, she began to think of Gordie, a small blush appeared on her face. If she were to face him, she probably wouldn't be able to contain herself with her bottled up feelings for Gordie would start to arise during the battle.

Thora had a strong feeling that she would face Gordie in the finals which the thought of it made her heart skip a beat. She couldn't help but blush. Thora tossed and turned a bit as couldn't get the thoughts of Gordie out of her mind. She started to think of the day when him and her shared their first kiss. Then, she began to remember their second kiss when Gordie kissed her before his battle with Melony. Though both of them were unexpected, deep down, she loved the feeling. It was hard to describe that sensation but from what she could only describe, it felt like something she wanted to experience again...but how could she even confess her feelings to Gordie if she was too much of a compulsive blush baby? Thora scrunched her hands over her eyes groaning to herself in frustration over the pent up feelings she was experiencing. She knew it had been five years since they last seen one another...she still remembered the day she became a certified Gym Leader and decided to move to Hammerlocke much to her heartbreak and Gordie's.

In her heart, she was overjoyed he still remembered her but was held aback over the fact that now he was affectionate towards her and was blushing whenever he was in her presence, as was she. Thora tried to clear her mind for the second but once again, the thought of her and Gordie sharing their first kiss was replaying in her mind in a constant loop. She couldn't get it to stop. It was driving her insane! Thora wanted to scream but she held it in knowing she didn't want to cause a scene. After about thirty minutes or so went by, Thora was finally able to calm herself down as she was mentally rested for the time being. She sat herself thinking about what Gordie asked her on her tweleth birthday if one day they could ever become more than just best friends...what if, Thora was ready to go to that next level? But how?

"Hey Thora," a voice called out.

Thora woke up from her trance as she looked around wondering where the voice was coming from. She turned herself around to see who called out to her. Behind her was Cleo with Nessa.

"That...was AWESOME," Cleo exclaimed, "I can't believe you beat Raihan!"

"I couldn't believe it either," Thora chuckled nervously.

"Why so nervous," Nessa questioned, "you won and now you're going to the finals!"

Thora didn't need to be reminded after mentally calming herself down a couple of minutes ago. She was proud of making it into the finals but at the same time, she didn't want to feel any sense of nervousness or anxiety building up whether it be she were to battle Bede or Gordie. Deep down, in her heart, she wanted to battle against Gordie. She'd wanted to see how strong he'd gotten in the five years they haven't seen one another.

"You okay," Cleo wondered.

"Huh? Oh yea," Thora reassured, "just in a deep state of thought is all..."

"Is it about you know who," Cleo quizzed smirking.

Thora began to blush knowing whom Cleo was referring to. She looked away causing Cleo to giggle mischievously.