Chapter XII: Second Round Begins: Milo vs Thora!

Once Thora made it to the pitch, the sounds of the audience cheering began to flood the stadium. Thora looked around as she felt her heart stop for a bit. This was it. First battle of the second round was to begin to determine who would be going to the semi-finals. Meeting her at the pitch was Milo who wore a friendly smile on his face once they stood in front of one another.

"Ladies and gents," the spokesperson began, "welcome back to the second round of the competition! Here we have two competitors ready to battle it out! Let's welcome our first competitor, she's the Gym Leader from Hammerlocke who runs the Hammerlocke Stadium but is also a popular rockstar with an electrifying personality, let's give it up for Thora!"

The audience roared in cheers when Thora's named was announced. She felt flustered in a way but kept her posture with keeping calm and focused on the main goal.

"And for our second competitor," the spokesperson continued, "he's the Gym Leader from Turrfield who runs the Turrfield Stadium, he may have a laid back personality but don't let that fool you about this man, he's tough as weeds, let's give it up for Milo!"

Roars and cheers echoed in the stadium as both looked to one another.

"Here we are," Milo grinned, "didn't think I'd be facing you but what'd you expect."

"Think nothing of it," Thora smiled back, "I've been wanting to battle you for sometime now. Also I promised Nessa I'd take you down for her so, yea..."

"Eh, either way, whether I win or lose, long as we're both having fun during the competition."

"Could've said it better myself."

After some exchanges, Milo and Thora went to their respective areas to get ready for the match. The referee was getting prepared as he looked to both.

"This match will only consist of five Pokemon from each side," the referee spoke, "you may Dynamax or Gigantamax at any point during the battle! The match ends when either side's Pokemon are unable to battle! Begin!"

"Alright Shiftry, let's go," Milo called out.

Milo threw his Pokeball and out of the Pokeball was Shiftry. Thora thought for a second, which Pokemon could she use to go up against Shiftry? She could use Toxtricity and just use it and it'd be a total victory for her but she decided to hold off on bringing Toxtricity out. Then, it hit her! She knew which Pokemon to bring out first! Thora pulled out an Ultra Ball then readied her stance as she threw her Ultra Ball into the air while performing a rockstar jump.

"Dracozolt, standby for battle," Thora called out.

Out of her Ultra Ball was Dracozolt and once both parties had their Pokemon out on the field, the battle was to start!

"Alright Shiftry use Fake Out," Milo ordered.

Shiftry readied its attack as it used its move on Dracozolt causing it to flinch.

"Now use Leaf Blade!"

"Dracozolt dodge and use Aerial Ace," Thora ordered.

Dracozolt managed to dodge Shiftry's attack then used Aerial Ace on Shiftry landing a direct hit. Shiftry managed to get back up as it was ready for its next move.

"Shiftry, Body Slam," Milo shouted.

Shiftry jumped up in to the air then landed on Dracozolt dealing damage on it. Thora began to panic a bit from this but kept calm as she knew what to do next.

"Dracozolt use Discharge," Thora called out.

Dracozolt charged up its energy then released it shocking Shiftry weakening it.