Chapter 1-Unfriendly Greeting

Location... Demon Realm, Wastelands.

Year XXXX... About 5,000+ years before the First Holy War.
.
.
.
.

"I'll give you half a million for the girl and that's the final offer."

A soldier, dressed from head to toe in armor. His dark purple eyes bored into the two figures in front of him. Malice was painted on his face, his eyes held no emotion. He was just doing his job after all.

The two demons, a woman and a man conversed with each other quietly. The man seemed reluctant, arguing with the woman, who was his wife. The man looked back at the young, (H/C) girl who was standing in the doorway of their small, unfitting home.

A broken home.

A home filled with abuse, tears, and arguing.

A home built up on manipulation and lies

A home that the girl was dying to escape. Dying to leave.

She wouldn't look back if she got that chance, or maybe she will.

The woman argued with her husband, berating him in front of the guard and their daughter.

This was the usual, she took control and blamed everyone for everything wrong in her life even though she was responsible for it.

The man continued to argue with his wife.

"She's our child!...you can't do this to us..to me..!.." the man cried, only for the woman to retaliate by slapping the man across his head.

He flinched in fear.

The young girl watched, her E/C eyes empty of emotion. What about her? Why couldn't he include her well-being in the sentence?

Her father was a kind man, but his weakness to her birth giver resulted in their demise.

In all honesty. She hated both of her parents.

Her mother for being so crazed and controlling.

Her father for being so weak and quiet.

But even throughout everything, no one spoke up for her.

Pitied her. Helped her.

She had no one but herself in this dark cruel world.

The woman shut the man's pleas down to keep their daughter home, giving him a threatening stare.

She turned back and looked at the daughter in question, her sick demon eyes looking at Y/N in disgust.

"I wish I never gave birth to you."

Those words would've stung if Y/N, the young girl's name, could even feel something at the moment.

She felt happiness, but she also felt betrayed.

It was tiring.

After a while, the woman turned back to the guard, a smile plastered on her face. Her eyes lit up with excitement. It was the first time Y/N probably saw her mother look at something with joy.

Something that wasn't her husband or the child she gave birth to.

The child she chose to neglect along with her husband.

And her husband? He cared, but he was weak. He might've spoken up, but that didn't stop it.

You're the man of the house, yet he couldn't hold the weight of it.