Christ is the prize

But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. 8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ - Philippians 3:7-8 (NKJV)

Have you ever owned something that was so precious to you that letting it go would be impossible? A lot of times I like to think about the Father in Heaven and what could have prompted Him on sending His only son. Was it easy to let go of Jesus Christ? Was it hard? 

Seeing that Jesus is so amazing and beautiful, I think it was painful for God to let go of His only Son. Jesus was the only that obeyed God. The only Son that ever brought joy to our Heavenly Father. Why release Him to a world full of sinners, full of ungrateful and full of proud people? 

There comes a time we we have to let go of everything that we might have enjoyed for the sake of having Jesus Christ in all areas of our lives. Jesus should be at the center of our relationship with God. He should be at the center of our human relationships. He should be at the center of everything we do. 

What have you suffered for Christ? 

The best time to serve God is when you are a single person. When you have nothing. Blessings test your maturity in God. Will you still serve God if nobody asks you out? Will you still serve God if your relationship ends today? Will you continue serving God if you are single until your late 20s. This is something to think about. Time tests our faithfulness to God. Will you go on waiting and waiting until you are in relationship? Sometimes life seems as though it's just about dating. If you are not dating today, then, perhaps you will be dating tomorrow. Life is about Jesus. Jesus is the prize, single or married. The prize doesn't change in accordance with our new circumstances. The prize remains the same. 

Prophetess Anna

A very old lady called Anna was also there in God's Great House. She spoke messages that the Holy Spirit gave to her. She was the daughter of Phanuel, who belonged to the family of Asher. She had lived with her husband for seven years and then he had died.37 After that, she had lived alone until she was 84 years old. Now she never left God's Great House. She stayed there day and night to pray to God. Often she went without food so that she could pray better. - Luke 2:36-38 (EASY)

Here's a lady who had been married only seven years. After the husband's death, she became a widow and remained single for many years. What she did during her years of being single is what marks her as the great Prophetess that she was. 

The bible says, "She never left God's Great House." Some of us stop praying because we are not dating. It might not be your case, but there's people who gave up on God because they were not dating. Impatience makes us make the wrong choices. Impatience will cause somebody to date an non-believer simply because they think they waited too long. But look at Anna. She was completely happy as a single woman. Happy in God. Did you know that She alone chose to serve God in prayer and fasting? She was not led into the wilderness. Neither was she led to be in the presence of God. She chose to suffer in Christ. It was a choice. Her being single brought out a productiveness that she might not have been able to achieve as a married woman. 

I am not saying you shouldn't date. I am not saying that you should not consider marriage. I am only asking you to give it much thought. Don't get excited about a guy asking you out. Learn about him. Does he genuinely love God? Does He seek the will of God in his life? Does he have a healthy relationship with God? Same thing to the brothers. Don't get excited about breasts and the buttocks. It's all just the body. We learned that we are Spirit beings who live in a body. Let's think about the real condition of the person's spirituality. 

Now that you are single

Being single is a gift. When you value singleness, you value relationships. How? Well, because the success of your being single, determines the success of your relationship. Think of it as a season. A time when you had the chance to be single. 

I have seen the burden God has placed on us all. 11 Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end. 12 So I concluded there is nothing better than to be happy and enjoy ourselves as long as we can. - Ecclesiastes 3:10-12 (NLT)

God has made everything beautiful for it's own time. We have to learn to live according to what God has for us. God has a plan for your relationship. Right now that might mean staying single and focusing on growing in Him. There's no better time than a time of singleness when you can learn about God. Think about Adam. Adam had so many good qualities before He met Eve. Relationships are a lot of work and if you do not prepare for them, you won't have a very good experience. You might be asking, "Robby, what should I do?" Do what the bible says. Be happy and enjoy life as it is now. 

Look for books and learn about marriage. Learn about dating. Attend seminars about good healthy Christian relationships. And while you do, remember that life is not about relationships. Life is about Jesus. He is the prize. Even in your relationship, Jesus is the prize. Without Jesus in a relationship, there is no life. Don't chain yourself to a lifeless relationship. Find joy and peace in God and learn how to accommodate Him as a single person. When you get into a new relationship, you will also have to learn how to accommodate God in your new found reality. You will also have to learn how to accommodate God when you get married. If God is involved in every step and every stage of our lives, wouldn't we be doing ourselves good if we decided on knowing Him now that we are single? 

Note: Hey readers. You are here again! Thank you. God bless you for reading! Remember, Jesus is the prize. We won because we have Jesus. Thank you for reading again. Have a wonderful day. Shalom.