Chapter 47

May looked at the menu she had got from the cafe and looking at it carefully. It was three in the afternoon, the time of her appointment in the cafe. She sat at an inner table far away from windows and other people, in case she was recognized. May pushed up her sunglasses before looking at the clock and outside the window before she looked back at the menu. She had nothing to do that morning so she had left the house a little earlier than the appointment time and her appointment was late.

"Yo! Sorry for the wait. It kinda took a while to leave without anyone to notice or following me, you know," Drew said as took the seat in front of May, with Brock sitting next to him. Drew and Brock were also wearing a disguise like May were so that the public will not wonder why they are meeting together or start rumors and speculations.

May looked up from the menu at the person she invited and another person she didn't before looking back down at the menu. "It is okay. I had arrived early, that's all. I am not as busy as you are today. Who is your friend?" May asked.

"Ah. This is Brock. You should know him from contests. He is a host and my friend," Drew introduced. "Brock, this is May, a friend of mine. You should know her. She is the leader of the Wallflower Roses."

"The pleasure is mine," May said, holding out her left hand.

Brock and May shook hands. "It is nice to meet you personally outside of contests," Brock said.

When a server comes over, the three of them, quickly ordered their food and May took out her papers, showing them the new song she had written after the server left. "Tell me what you think about it. It is just the rough frame of the song," May said.

Drew and Brock looked at the lyrics together seriously and talked with each other quietly for a while before they looked up. "Have you decided what the tone or the background music of the song would be like?" Drew asked.

"At the moment, I don't. I think it would be this soft and cheerful song," May replied. "Is there something missing?"

"I didn't hear the background of this song so I cannot be sure. However, I do agree with you. I think it should be this light and cheerful song. However, it would also go very well with high notes too. I like the concept of this song but I felt as if something is missing here. What do you think, Brock?" Drew said.

Brock leaned back with his right hand touching his chin, thinking for a moment before he snapped his fingers. The server came over to bring their orders and left. The group took their drinks and cakes before looking at Brock. "I agree with Drew on that aspect. High notes would work every well. However, I think it would sound better as a duet with someone? It would sound nice to have two different voices in a song and have different writing in it. It made the song sounds more meaningful," Brock said.

May took a sip of her milk tea and her chocolate cake and nodded her head. "That sounds reasonable. What about the lyrics? I felt as if there is something I wanted to add in there but I can't seem to think of what it is that I am missing," May said.

"That you may want to ask your partner. You and your partner are going to sing this song together so it would make more sense if you would talk to them about it. At the moment, your framework works fine. It just needs some polishing," Brock said, looking into the lyrics. "I think you should talk with your friends about this. You girls are a band, no?"

"We are but I want to give them a break before anything. I am sure they wanted a break too," May answered as she drinks her tea.

"But maybe like you, some of them wanted to do something. I heard that after your break, you will have a concert. I wonder how you will be able to manage that if you are not going to come together and work together during this time. I am sure that your girls can still do your own things. Maybe during this next concert, you may make it into something wonderful?" Brock said with a smile.

"For a guy who keeps asking beautiful girls out, you know a lot. I am not saying this to offend you," May commented.

Brock laughed it off. "I got that a lot. It is just me," Brock said.

"If you don't find anywhere to work on your music, you can work in our studio. It may not be the best but it will work fine. Just let me know if you want to," Drew offered.

"I will keep that in mind," May replied.

The appointment ended after about an hour and a half when Drew had to go back to practice after ordering some drinks and snacks for the other members and Brock left with him. May stayed in the cafe for a while before leaving the cafe after she found out that Drew had already paid for her. While walking back home, May's hands tightened around her papers and walked around, hoping to get some inspiration.

The winds gently brushed her hair occasionally and in them, she heard a unique melody. Finally found her song, May rushed home and jot down all the music notes she had thought of on another sheet of paper. She wrote quickly and soon, everything was written down. Excited by her work, she sends a message to her team.

..........

Song: Friends
Album: Persona Map of the Soul: 7
Artist: BTS