Chapter 6: Unexpected visitors.

Akasma

I sat down calmly eating breakfast with Daniel. I was worried they would see I was hiding something, or that I looked different. Even after I turned back to normal my eyes remained dark green. Maria was dashing about the kitchen cleaning and dusting like crazy. This confused me. She only acted this way if someone was coming over, which rarely ever happens.

"Maria, why are you cleaning so much? Is someone coming over or something?" I asked her confused. She stopped as she struggled to catch her breath.

"Yes. I forgot to tell you last night. Were taking in some people for the witness protection program. Your mother called me last night to get their rooms ready." She said coolly. My mom often helped people to hide their identifies. We had someone here once before a long time ago. It was a girl who had a boyfriend in the Mafia, and knew all the dirty secrets of their operations. She was really cool, she had showed me how to pick a lock once. I wonder what happened to her...

"Daniel can you clean up the three rooms upstairs for me? Just dust and put some new sheets on the beds."

"Of course. We're taking in three people this time?" Daniel asked curiously, as he looked over to Maria over his newspaper. Maria shrugged.

"I don't know. They didn't tell me. Who ever they are I hope they are nice." She said resuming her cleaning.

Three people? Aw, crud! Its going to be harder to sneak out of the house with three other people in the house, and their rooms are just across from mine. I had to be more careful to hide my identity, in order to help serve Bastet and stop the chaos the warrior of Seth is causing. I looked over to Adofo, who was watching Banshee eat her cat food. He looked up to me sickly.

"What?" I whispered to him. He looked around to make sure no one was listening.

"That is not food, that is dirt. Where's the meat?" He said disgusted. I laughed and got up to go to the fridge. I scanned the fridge for any leftover chicken, and found some on a plate.

"Here you go. I have some leftover chicken from last nights dinner, but you have to get used to cat food, Adofo. If you are going to pretend to be a normal cat. Especially when those people come to stay here." I said putting the plate in front of him. He ate it heartily, and licked the plate clean.

"Yuck, I know... Luckily there's a lot of mice around here, I could hunt too." He said grooming himself.

"I am worried about those other humans though. We have to be extra careful, when we go on missions. Especially now that your going through your inner cat changes. What if you catch a mouse in front of them? Or notice there is something off about you?" He began to pace nervously back and forth. I nodded agreeing to his worries.

"Well, I haven't felt any different yet. Just my senses are really heightened, and I have a really big tuna craving right now." I said now rummaging in the pantry for a can of tuna. The cat stared at me in shock.

"See its starting! Firsts its tuna, then its the hunting, your claws, and Ra forbid you from mating."

I almost choked on my tuna as I burst out laughing. Adofo stared at me seriously unamused.

"That won't happen. I'm not like that, plus there is absolutely no one out there I'm in the least attracted to." I said unworried. Suddenly Maria walks in with the vacuum, and looks up at me strangely.

"Are you eating tuna?" She asked raising an eyebrow. I looked down at the can of tuna in my hand.

"Well... I need the protein to go for my jog." I said nervously. She looked at me confused and continued on what she was doing. I sighed in relief. Adofo gave me a disapproving look.