Chapter 7: Whos this mysterious cat woman?

Gianluca:

I was running down a long dark corridor. As I ran torches began to light up one by one down the wall, revealing Egyptian hieroglyphs and drawings. I was gasping as I ran for my life, suddenly I came to a dead end. I looked around desperately for another way out, but it was too late. He was right in front of me. His evil black eyes glared at me, his sharp jagged teeth were bared at me as he pointed his spear to my chest.

"Chosen of Anubis, now that I have found you. You will now die, with the other warriors of the gods. Until I am left as the all powerful ruler of the world." He growled. I stared at him in fear and shock. What was he talking about chosen of Anubis? What was going on? He was about to stab me when he was pushed to the ground by someone. It was another Egyptian dressed girl. She wore a cat mask covering half her face, her eyes were dark green and she fought Seth with a metal staff. I watched in shock as the two of them fought roughly in front of me. I didn't know what to do, as I stood there. I then grabbed something that was around my neck and held it up to the sky. Suddenly the cat masked girl turned to me as the amulet began to glow. The amulet looked like an eye, as I struggled to see it through the bright glow.

"You now know you are chosen. Find it Gianluca. Find the mirror, we need it defeat Seth. I can't do it without your help, warrior of Anubis." She said to me urgently. I stared into her dark green eyes.

"What do you mean chosen? Chosen for what?!" I cried at her. Before she could answer, I woke up gasping for breath in my bed. I looked around trying to get used to my surroundings. It was just a dream, a dream and nothing more. I assured myself. I glanced over to the Egyptology book on the nightstand. I guess all the Egypt research went to my head and made me have nightmares. I thought as I went to the bathroom to wash my face.

I splashed cool water on my face to wake up, and I studied my reflection. My dark brown eyes had bags under them from lack of sleep, and I was growing some stumble around my jaw. I frowned as I went to grab a raiser from the drawer. Rubbed on some shaving cream around my jaw line and started to shave. I then began to think about the dream from last night. I could picture the cat masked girl in front of me telling me to find a mirror and stop Seth. My hand suddenly slipped and I accidentally cut my cheek. Little beads of blood appeared from the cut. I grabbed a towel and wet it with some warm water, and dabbed it softly. It stung as I wiped away the blood. I washed off the shaving cream and hurried to get dressed to go down to breakfast. I was slipping into a black T-shirt, when I heard a knock at the door.

"Just a minute." I called through the door.

"OK, I just dropped by to tell you that breakfast is ready." I heard Akasma say outside the door. I walked over and opened the door she was about to leave, until I stopped her.

"Hey wait up. Can I talk to you about something?" I asked her, she looked at me confused, and smiled.

"Sure. About what?"

"I did some research on some of the Egyptian gods, and I'd appreciate it if you could help me understand it more." I said smirking, she smiled as she looked at me.

"Cool. I have to go tell Piero that breakfast is ready, but meet me down stairs and I'll help you out in what ever you need." She said continuing walking down the hall. I smiled as I walked down the stairs. I could hear Ignazio talking to Maria and Daniel, as I came close to the kitchen.

"Maria! Me encantan tus chilaquiles." He said scooping a forkful in his mouth. Maria stood their giggling as she stirred the pot on the stove.

"Gracias Ignazio. Tu eres muy dulce. I have heard my chilaquiles are really good. In fact in my pueblo I won first prize for best chilaquiles in town." She said proudly.