Wake Me Up

~Avicii~
-3 months later-

Down South in Rosehill, Tennessee the Keeners were unaware of how NYC was crumbling without Spiderman. They had no reason to, as Tony still called every few months and gave them a financial boost if any of them let it slip they wanted something expensive, which was normally new tools or parts for whatever Harley was currently building. That was why Abbey (Harley's 11-year-old sister) could go for a sleepover at her friend's house while their mother Lucy worked. One Sunday a month, Lucy forced Harley to hang out with his friends instead of tinkering in the garage.

Unfortunately for him, that time had snuck up again so each hour someone else would leave until it was Harley's turn to lock the door behind him and go to some party. He always took the long route in order to arrive as late as possible therefore cutting down how long he'd have to stay for. Rather than a greeting, the first thing his friend Zach called out was, "Hey Keener! You're the last to turn up which means you get the honour of saying the spell to summon a demon!" Seeing Harley's doubtful expression he added, "It's not like it'll actually work, besides it'll be fun!" Not having much of a choice and needing some excitement, he recited the script then they all waited half an hour for something to happen. Eventually, they all gave up and went home, laughing about how they'd even considered it would work.

Harley woke with the sun that morning, wiping sleep from his eyes as he glared at the clock telling him it was only 5 am. He rolled over and desperately tried to sink back into a deeper sleep but was unable to do so because of something drumming against his wall. Abbey? It couldn't be as her bedroom was at the opposite side of the house. He sat up and - feeling slightly more awake - remembered she was at a friend's house so it must be something else creating the noise. "Excuse you, I'm not a thing! Oh and sorry about waking you up," Harley turned to look to where the voice had come from so fast it was a miracle he didn't get whiplash. Sitting there was some kind of demon staring at him curiously, probably waiting for a response. Harley continued to sit there not forming words, let alone coherent sentences, so the demon carried on undeterred, "Not that I'm not grateful, but why did you summon me? I'm Peter by the way and... I'm rambling again, oops. I can go if you'd like?"

"No, no it's fine you can stay if you want. But I have some questions which you might be able to answer. Actually, we can trade question for question, starting with: does anyone else know you're here? Can they see you?" Harley finally remembered how to use words.
"Thanks and I'll try my best but I'm kinda new to this whole demon thing as well. Also, I'd guess you're the only one that can see and hear me as the person in the doorway hasn't," Peter pointed to where his mother stood, leaning against the doorframe, "We can continue this later?"
Harley still jumped after turning around and seeing her, "Hey ma! What're you doing awake?"
"Well I just got a call from Tony inviting you to go spend a year in New York and thought I'd let you know as you're already awake," she replied before going back to bed.