To Die For

~Sam Smith~

Peter swore that once he had saved Mr Stark's tech he was going to drop out of school. Seeing as that was most likely going to earn him a lecture from May - now that he thinks about it Mr Stark seemed to be doing the same lately - anyway he wasn't attending any more of school's events. So far there had been: Oscorp, where he gained Spider powers; Washington, where his Academic Decathlon team were almost killed in an elevator; most recently it was Homecoming.

That brings us to the present time when he's trapped under a warehouse because his date's dad is a supervillain. The dust was beginning to settle enough for him to see his reflection in a puddle, 'Guess I'm going to have to stop Vulture, as I can't go back to Homecoming looking like this.' Out loud he said, "Come on Peter. Come on Spiderman. Come on Spiderman!" There was a rumble as he threw the debris off and climbed the nearest billboard to look for Toomes.

He just managed to attach a web to the damaged invisibility technology and pull himself to the plane. He crawled inside through a window, definitely didn't smash it, as he didn't trust alien tech after last time. His superhearing picked up on Vulture shuffling through different boxes, slowly moving towards him. A couple of seconds late, his Spider-Sense blared and he was thrown against the outside of the plane again, several of the cloaking plates falling away. Throwing his head up he saw they were about to crash into an office block but minutes before it happened he shot a web to the wing of the plane. His arms felt like they were going to be torn from their sockets as he leaned back onto his heels, pulling with his full strength.

In the final moment, it turned and they were on course to land on Coney Island. Unfortunately this time the crash was imminent so Peter leapt and rolled to lessen the impact, but it still hurt tumbling through the flames. He sprung up a few minutes later and aimed a web at the mechanical wings, hoping to stop them from exploding. He hit the wrong component so the blast engulfed him and Toomes, making the world fade around him.