I Miss You

~Clean Bandit ft. Julia Michaels~

Things had been awkward between Harley and Tony but after several weeks spent tinkering together in the lab, with occasional input from Peter when he chose to hang around, they were all much more comfortable and Harley was happy to call the tower home. On one of the rare days where Tony went to meetings and Peter didn't disappear to do something because 'with great power comes great responsibility' Harley was lounging in the tower, bored. "I'm bored!" he groaned dramatically, stretching out on the couch.
"Oh wait, I've got an idea! Have you ever seen outside of the tower since arriving? Doesn't matter, we're going to experience the New York tourist attractions! Tell Friday you'll be back by nightfall!" Peter seemed excited about this, and it was something to do, so Harley went with it. He glanced over at the clock before leaving and was shocked to find it was only 9 am instead of late afternoon like he'd predicted.

They caught a cab to a local fairground and spent a few hours there before heading back into the centre of the city to get lunch. As they were going into the cafe, two people crashed into Harley who apologised and helped them gather their stuff, "Oh cool, a project on making your own AI! And has a reward, which is?" Harley ignored Peter's anxious fidgeting behind him and instead followed the pair as they explained their school project. The girl offered him a sandwich which he took gratefully and the conversation slowly moved towards basic introductions and sharing of contact details. Ned and MJ, as he'd found out their names were, headed inside an apartment building and gestured for Harley to follow, which he did after a reassurance from Peter it was safe. 'How can you possibly know it's safe? I literally just met these people!'
'Exactly, you just met them. They're my friends from... Before. And this is my apartment building, they're probably going to my apartment, where- May! I completely forgot about her!' and with that Peter flew away up the stairway, radiating a fear that contrasted his previous happiness/nostalgia.

They entered a few minutes later, looking slightly confused at the lights, understandable considering they were all switched on. "I'm certain we turned them off when we left. Do you think the place is haunted?" Ned asked. MJ replied with an unidentifiable emotion laced in her voice, "Wouldn't be shocked, considering the things that have happened in this city." They spent the rest of the day at the apartment, Peter calming after they explained - albeit not directly to him - that May now lived in Stark Tower. The three of them also persuaded Harley to go to Midtown when it started again in a couple of weeks. Poor Tony struggled to understand how all this happened over the course of the day he was at meetings while Natasha was glad Harley finally had friends his own age.