Working Up The Courage......Kinda

Jasiri's POV

We were all preparing for Kion's birthday and everyone was talkative, but Janja, which was weird. He was very distant too. I tried to go up and talk to him a couple of times but he just blew me off. I mean he normally never does that. I decided to talk to Kion about since he was with Janja last night.

I walked up up to Kion with a concerned look. "Hey, Kion? Do you know what's wrong with Janja, he's acting distant lately and I'm worried about him." Kion looked past me and looked at Janja before looking back my with a comforting smile.

"I do know what's wrong, Jasiri, but it's not my place to tell you. Janja will tell you on his own time or you can figure it out yourself." What Kion said left me in thought. I know he knows something and what's wrong with him, but why won't he tell me. What will Janja tell me on his own time? My brain hurts by just thinking about this.

Janja's POV

I feel so bad about ignoring Jasiri today, but after last night I just, ugh! I don't know what I should do. I could ask her out, but what if she says no?

But what if she says yes? I've been so focused on the negative that I've never thought about the positive side of things. Could there be a chance that Jasiri like me? She's always nice to me even after everything I've done, but that's just her personality. Being kind and helpful to everyone even if they tried to kill her. Why does love have to be so complicated.

"Janja?" I jumped as the voice that interrupted my thoughts. I turned to it to see Jasiri.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Yes, Jasiri? Is everything alright?" Jasiri gave me a frown and man did I hate it when she was upset. I always loved to see her smile.

"No, Janja everything is not alright. First, when we were checking on the other Outlanders, you were always lost and thought and when I asked you, you said it was nothing, second, after we slept outside you suddenly act all nice and give me flowers and kisses and now today you act all distant. What's wrong? And don't say it's nothing because I'm your best friend and I know you." Jasiri explained firmly. I listened to everything Jasiri had just said. Was I really acting weird these past few days. I guess it's now or never.

"Jasiri, I want to tell you but not here. How about we go on a little date and I can tell you there."

"A date?" She echoed.

Jasiri's POV

Did Janja just ask me out?! Yes, yes, yes! I mean I know it's so he can tell me what's wrong with him and it's not really a date, but still it's exciting. Alone time with Janja and I can figure out why he's been acting so strange.

"Sure, Janja. I would like that." I heard my tail wagging in the air before I stopped from embarrassment.

Janja gave chuckle as his tail started wagging. "How about we go out tomorrow and I will answer every question you have, okay?"

"Sure, Janja, tomorrow." I giggled. I went up to him and nuzzled him on the cheek before walking away. I walked over to Fuli with a big smile.

"Oh someone's happy. What happened?"

My tail started wagging again as I thought about it. "Janja asked to hang out tomorrow." I answered.

"Jasiri that's great. So the next step is getting you ready for this date." I looked at her with confusion.

"What do you mean?"

Fuli gave a smirk. "Just leave it to me."

A/N Again, I'm sorry for the shortage. I try to write my chapters 1000 words or more, but it's hard to do it sometimes. I'll try to make the next chapter longer, I promise. Thx!