Chapter 2

"Music is a way to dream together and go to another dimension." - Cecilia Bartoli.

Chapter 2: Something Weird Is Going On...

• ▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎☆▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎ •

Jake's P.O.V.

"Ugh.... I'm bored." I moaned, not directing it at Hailey, but more of missing it. No, the way I mean is almost......like you're shooting an arrow, but you purposely miss.... like you want to hit it, but you don't at the same time. No, that doesn't make sense. Ermmm..... I don't really know how to explain it, but I'm sure you have some sort of idea about what I'm trying to say.

Hailey was sitting with her elbow perched on the window, head resting in her hand, staring out the window.

"Well then do something." She responded, still looking out the window.

"What can I do?" I moaned, flopping my arms down, my left hand going dangerously close to Hailey's lead hand. For a second I wanted to grab it, but the I thought:

"Don't. You. Dare. Do you want to make a fool of yourself?"

"Oooooo!" I said, having an idea. "Can we play a game?" I asked looking at her.

"What are you, five?" She said, turning and facing me. She was smiling though.

"No." I said staring straight into her eyes. Wow, they were the most beautiful shade of dark grey ever, I just wanted to-

"Fine." She sighed, interrupting my thoughts and breaking eye contact."What game?" She asked, streaching her arms out and folding them across her chest.

"I dunno." I said, "You can choose." "Princess." I added. Giving her a smile. She rolled her eyes at me.

"Ermmm....... how about........ I spy?" She suggested.

"Really? Now who's the five-year-old?" I said raising an eyebrow.

"Hey! You were the one who asked!" Hailey responded indignantly.

"Ya but-" I started.

"Fine then, you can play on your own if your just gonna-" she began.

"No!" I shouted, a bit too loud. The whole bus went quite.

"Is there a problem, Jake?" Asked the teacher, turning around at me.

"Errmmm... no." I said going slightly red in the face.

"Well then, stop shouting on the bus then." The teacher said, turning back around. Everyone started talking again. I turned back to Hailey, who was trying her hardest not to laugh.

"Do you have to make a spectacle everywhere you go?" She asked smiling.

I couldn't help but laughing. Soon, the both of us were breathless with laughter. I've never seen Hailey this relaxed before.

------------------------------------------------------

Hailey P.O.V.

I couldn't stop myself from laughing. Jake could be so funny sometimes, even when he's not trying to be funny. I'm not sure why I found he shouting "No!" on the bus funny, but I did. In the end, we were both laughing so hard that tears came to my eyes, and Jake's too.
After we recovered from laughing ourselves silly, I checked my phone. 9:36. There was still plenty of time to go. There was lots of questions I wanted to ask Jake and they all floated around my head but then one came into view and stuck there for some time.