Chapter 5

"Music is the only thing I've ever known that doesn't have any rules at all." - Josh Homme.

Chapter 5; The Week Before The Competition.

• ▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎☆▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎ •

Hailey's P.O.V.

Oh my sweet Mother Rosy. Jake did not just say that. But he did. Everyone heard, and everyone is as shocked as me, and I'm suppose to know about it.

I'm screaming inside right now. Everyone was turning to catch a glimpse of Hailey-Jake's-new-
girlfriend but all they could see was Hailey-the-nervous-wreak-
and-tomato-face. This was going to get awkward, you could feel it in the air. Then Jake came over to me and took my hand and lead me out. I'm surprised my legs didn't give away. As we left the whole cafeteria was silent except one person who blurted out just as we opened the doors;

'Not gonna lie, I kinda ship it!'

Then we were gone. We made our way to the music room. I whipped my hand away as if it was on fire. Jake looked embarrassed.

'Sorry that you had to be dragged into this.' Said Jake, as we entered the music room.

'You should be, you absolute idiot... ermm....why me though?' I asked him.

'First person that popped into my mind.' He shrugged, as if it was nothing.

'Oh..' I said, not know what was going to happen now.

'But, hey! In the eyes of the school, you are dating the most handsome and amazing guy in school.' He joked, lightening the mood. I rolled my eyes. He could be so full of himself sometimes. We were waiting for the rest of the club to come when Sean burst thought the door.

'Jake, you might want to run because I think Zander wants to murder you.' Said Sean, with a mix of fear and amusement on his face. Angry was an understatement for Zander's case. Smoke was practically flowing from his ears as he ran in and tried to beat the living daylights out of Jake. It took Sean and Luke to hold him back, trying to let Jake explain. They finally go him to calm down and he looked straight at me.

'Well!?' He said, glaring at Jake. 'What was that about!?! Hailey, please don't tell me your not actually-'

'No, Zander we aren't.' I said, kind of wishing we were.

'Nope, not happening.' Said the voice in my head.

'Oh great.' I thought, zoning out of the conversation that was happening right in front of me. 'You're back.' I thought, unenthusiasticly.

'Miss me? I hope you did! Anyway, I'm not going to leave until you get over Jake.' It said, simply (like it knew anything).

'Who even are you? And what are you here to warn me about?' I thought curiously.

'Ahhh, you can't know that. Voitical Code.' I said.

'What's a Voitical Code?' I asked it.

'Oops, I said too much!' Although it didn't sound sorry at all. 'The Voitical Code is nothing to be concerned about, Hailey, just focus on not liking Jake.'

'Why?!' I asked it, angrily. What did it know!?

'I'm not allowed tell you anymore then what I have told you. Haven't you ever heard; A curious Hailey became a sad Hailey?' It asked slyly.