Chapter 4

"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Anderson

Chapter 4; You Need My Help, Don't You?

• ▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎☆▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎-▪︎ •

Hailey's P.O.V.

You know that feeling, the one you get when you know something big is going to happen, but you keep waiting and waiting and then suddenly, completely out of nowhere, something happens?

Well I've only ever felt the first bit.

Yeah, really.

It's been two weeks since Milly told me that Jake likes me. Every time is see him, I feel butterflies and my face goes red and the voice tells me to stop being stupid.

Oh that stupid, irritating voice.

That stupid voice keeps telling me to listen and not fall for Jake, but what does it know? I want to get rid of it. It's so annoying have a voice telling you what to do when it doesn't even have it's own body. And I'm ashamed to say I sometimes do listen to it. But then I see Jake and my thoughts go out the nearest exit. Then the voice gets those thoughts and tries to shove them back in my brain. So it's like one big war; my thoughts verses the voice. Right now, I don't know whose winning. Two weeks of this newfound knowledge that my crush might possibly be liking me from afar and not knowing what is true, has me not focused on other things. For example, schoolwork or homework. Especially homework, when I'm alone in my room trying to do an English essay on something I probably won't ever need to know in the future, but they still make us do it. My brain just thinks about what Jake is doing right now. I don't even know if what I just said makes any sense, but love can do weird things to us all.

Especially me, who has never felt this way before about anyone. I wonder if Jake has. He probably has over Daisy. Why can I be like her? She's nice, pretty, smart and Head Girl! What am I? A Music Freak. Fair enough, she doesn't have friends like mine (mainly because I have never met anyone as crazy as Milly,) but I still wish I was her... maybe then I'd have a better chance at Jake liking me? People day you shouldn't change yourself for anyone, but what if I tried? No I'm being silly, it Jake doesn't like me for who I am, than that's his loss... or is it mine? Wow, that sounded pretty cliche if I do say so myself.

I worked on lyrics all of Sunday, hoping to get something done. I probably should have asked Jake to help, since we're supposed to be doing it together, but I wanted to work on it on my own right now. I can finalize it with him tomorrow at practise an he can start practicing it. The theme was nothing in particular, so it was a pretty flexible topic. Zander came in around halfway through my work to give me a sandwich.

'Mom told me too.' He said, sitting down on my bed. He also had come to see what I had done. I showed him the lyrics.

'Looks good so far. Do you want to go to the park? I'm was going to go down there anyways, just for a walk, if you want to join.' He asked getting up and standing by the open door to my bedroom.

'Sure,' I said, going over to my dresser and picking up what I thought was my hairbrush. 'Why?'

'Because your stressed.' He said simply looking at me.

'Stressed? Me? No way, I'm not-' I began but Zander cut me off.

'Yes you are, because when you are stressed, you mix objects up.' He pointed at my hand which way attempting to brush my hair with a pocket mirror. I sighed and picked up the real hairbrush.