Chapter Five

"Calm down, I'm fine now, there's no need to murder anyone, " I said.

"Wait, you cuddled with him all night and you're still telling me that you don't like him?"

"I felt safe okay? But that doesn't mean that I like him, "

"Louis is not Alex, so stop trying to-"

"Don't start, please just don't, "

"No I'm not gonna stop, your heart isn't a freaking door, so stop trying to shut it. Louis is clearly interested in you, and don't you dare try to convince me that you don't feel the same, " She yelled.

"I'm a coward ok? I'm scared to go through it again, " tears were welling up in my eyes. She walked up to me and hugged me. "I just need time to trust him, and trust myself again, please," I continued between my tears.

I locked myself in my room till I fell asleep, but then woke up to Angela banging on the door for me to wake for college, l totally forgot that it's Monday.

I wasn't able to focus in any of my classes, the first reason is that I kept recalling my night with Louis, and the second reason is that Louis didn't come today. I thought I'd wait till all of my classes end then call him. "Where are you?"

"In bed, "

"What? Why? Are you ok?"

"Yeah, just a little cold, "

"How bad is it?"

"Not so bad, " he said, coughing.

"You stayed in bed all day and coughed, and you say it's not so bad?"

"I'm fine Ari, " he said, coughing again.

"That's it I'm coming over, "

I had no idea if I had to stay at his house for the night, but it wouldn't hurt to pack some spare clothes.

I knocked on his door, and it took him a while to open. He was wearing a black hoodie, nose so red, and eyes puffy and tired. "Oh my God, Lou you need to see a doctor, " I said, as I walked in and put my backpack on the floor.

"It's just a cold, I don't need surgery, " he said chuckling, but then it turned to a cough.

"To your bed right now, I'll make you some soup, "

I walked to his kitchen and started on the soup, it didn't take me too long. I put the bowl in a tray with a spoon and walked to his bedroom. He was laying in bed, his phone in his left hand, and a cigarette in his right hand. "Oh hell nuh". He looked up at me.

"Everything alright love?"

"No smoking for you till you get better, " I put the tray next to his bed, and handed him the ashtray. He rolled his eyes and turned it off. I pulled a chair and sat next to his bed. "Start with the soup before it gets cold, "

"Can you feed it to me? I'm pretty sick you know,"

"I thought you said it's not that bad, "

"Did I really say that? I've been in bed all day coughing, " He said, giving me puppy eyes.

"Ok fine," how can I say no to those eyes? I fed him a few spoons, then put my hand on his forehead to check his temperature, my hands making their way to his cheek."Oh my god, Louis you're hot, "

"Thanks, I try to look my best when I'm sick, "

"That's not what I meant, just finish your soup till I google how to lower your temperature, " but before I did that I wetted a cloth with cold water and placed it on his forehead.