Part 1

Andy walked up the dirty road that led to his new home. His parents had bought an old and gnarly house one week ago and they were already on their way settling in. Andy didn't really like the new place at first, it seemed to always be cloudy and the air was constantly cold, but the new adventure of explore the big, old house was something a young boy like himself couldn't say no to.

Kicking a small rock along the road, he noticed an old man sitting on a log and he politely raised his hand and gave the old man a wink, as his mother had told him was the polite thing to do when seeing an other human being. The old man smiled at him, raising his own hand and waved back, bidding Andy to come closer.

“You're the kid who's moving to the old house by the Dale-road, aren't ya?” The man asked, more as a statement than a question. Andy nodded and then, not knowing what more there was to be said, was about to walk away when the old man suddenly grabbed his arm, pulling him closer.

“Listen to me, boy. There's a locked room in that house that you should never enter, understood? That door is locked for a reason”, the man whispered, staring into Andy's eyes. He then let go of his grip and Andy stumbled away, his blood felt like as if it had turned to ice. Something in that old man's voice had alarmed him, but he didn't know what. Why would there be a locked room in a house that shouldn't be entered? Andy quickly took some more steps away, and when he looked into the mans eyes once again, he began running all the way home while the man kept shouting at him to stay away from the room. The old man had something in his eyes that scared Andy. Scared him to death.

At bedtime, he told his mom about the whole odd incident but she simply laughed and concluded that the man must be either crazy or so an old, mean and bored man who enjoyed scaring little boys. His mother than kissed his head, turned of the light and left him in his bed.

Andy couldn't sleep that night. Whenever he closed his eyes he would see the forbidden locked room, but this time it was unlocked and the door would open slowly, slowly....