Not a Great Plan

I stood in front of Loba's door, ready to face her. It was about 3 AM, and I hadn't slept for about two days. My mind wouldn't stop thinking about how she didn't care for anyone else's well being, and how Natalie and Octavio got hurt for her sake. It wasn't fair. And it was wrong.

         I was about to knock when the door opened and revealed Loba on the other side, wielding her pistol. She grinned as she saw me and leaned against the door.

        "To what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you at this time of night?" She asked, gesturing towards me with her pistol. 

        "Look, I'm going to cut to the chase. I'm sick of you running around here acting like you own the place. You've literally barely been here for a month." I said as I clenched my fists by my side, "You get here, and Natalie gets hurt. Then, not too long after, Octavio gets hurt. And you just don't seem to care because you have this stupid vendetta against a robot that you can't even kill."

       "Watch your tongue, sweetheart. It can definitely get you in trouble." She said as a glare adorned her face.

      "Oh, I'm just getting started. You're just a rich, spoiled brat who thinks everything in the world belongs to her. Well, news flash, chica, not everything does. I don't care if you're an orphan, I don't care that Revenant murdered them. Other people have suffered from the hands of him too, not only you. When your plans and your schemes start negatively affecting the people I love and care about, that's when a problem arises." I took a step closer to her, my runes illuminating a dark red. "You may think you've had everything stripped away from you, but you don't know shit about that. Stay away from Octavio, and Elliott, and any other Legend that you have tangled into your little plans."

       "It seems like you're going to be a problem." She said smugly.

         Somehow, she knew how to push my buttons, and I have had enough by this point. I dissipated from in front of her and ended up behind her, shoving her out of her doorway and into the moonlit hallway. She gasped and stumbled, falling to her knees into the floor . I stepped closer to her, kicking her in the side to make her go all the way down.

        "I am so sick of your bullshit. You stay away from them! And I mean it! The results won't be pretty for you." I yelled toward her as she moved onto her back.

        "Ophelia!" I heard Octavio's voice exclaim from one end of the hallway.

         My body froze as I looked toward him, not knowing what to do except to back off from her. "Tavi, I-.."

        "Ah, to be blinded by love." Loba said before I heard a loud bang and felt a sharp, white pain pierce through my shoulder.

       I felt my runes pulsate and rage engulfed every single emotion in my brain, allowing me to ignore the pain. Loba had stood up and kept her gun aimed at me. I didn't care. I lunged forward and punched her in the face, then shoved her back against the wall. She collected herself before shooting her gun once more, the bullet hitting my leg this time.

       Before I could do anything more to her, I felt hands grab at my shoulders and pull me back.

         "Ophelia, stop!" I heard Elliott's voice say frantically from one side of me.

          "You need to stand down, Ophelia! Don't keep fighting!" Anita's voice rang out from the other side.

          I struggled against them, determined to make Loba pay for what she had done. I kept fighting and fighting until suddenly, my runes stopped pulsating and I finally felt the real pain I was in. I cried out in pain and fell to my knees and out of their grip. Elliott and Octavio were by my side almost immediately.

        "Somebody get Ajay!" I heard Octavio yell.

        I panted as tears fell from my eyes. The pain was immense, and I couldn't focus on anything. My vision was shaky, and all I could do was cry. The pain became more and more my focus as the seconds went by.

        My vision became blurry as it felt like the air around me was closing in.

        The next thing I knew, everything went dark.

———————————————————————————

    Hey everyone! I apologize for the long gap in between this chapter and the last. I started college and have been recently working full-time at my current job. I'm still continuing this story, the chapters just might be a little spaced out and possibly a little shorter than normal.

     I hope everyone has been safe and well, and I hope you all enjoy this chapter!

     Thank you for reading!