Prologue

"I'm sorry William. I've done everything that I can."

The line went dead.

William Pierce doesn't seem to take his breath. The hand that's holding the phone went went limply down his side. Slowly, he slumped back into the chair that's facing the entering door to his small home office. He removed his spectacles then pinch the bridge of his nose, hoping that the headache will go away. Sighing loudly, his eyes blink once in a while, thinking all the worst possibilities that could happen to his family.

This fear that he's been feeling suddenly turns into anger, as William suddenly recall the day that he discovered that his business partner; his bestfriend had betrayed him. Fred has took all the money that are going to be invested on their new business. That money was all William had.  Fred disappeared after that of course, leaving the Pierce family almost penniless.

"Why did you do this Fred? How could you be so heartless?" William questioned.

Yesterday, he had checked with the bank. What's left in his account can only support his family for a few months. He needs to find a job; any kind will do. But the biggest problem is not about money. It's the house they're currently live in, which the bank will put it for auction in less than 6 months from now.

His family. How is he going to tell them now. Can his wife accept the situation? At this point he's very much afraid that she'll leave him. What would his children think of him? He can't bear to see them suffer due to his own stupidity.

The Pierce family does not have wealth, but they survive just fine, as long as they have happiness and love for each other.

Now they are about to have nothing.